Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I hasten to add, it probably wouldn't hurt in the medium and long term to get yourself to the doctor and explain that you are anxious and depressed over this issue. Regardless of just how high a % of that is chronically affecting you day to day.
Cheers. I'm always reluctant to do that but I've been and was prescribed medication as a result of the stress.
It's been surreal and totally unexpected in many ways. My professionalism has never been called into question.
This is the petition the union set up.on my behalf:

I've had great support from the Union. The regional secretary has been in my corner. The school have made so many errors with my case and delayed/changed the goalposts it's been ridiculous. The union asked for an Independent ACAS hearing and it was rejected (because they know we would win). Unfortunately tomorrows hearing is with three hand picked governors . The result might be we have to go to an industrial tribunal.
Dr's - trust me on this one.
Try not to fret about tomorrow - I realise that's easier typed on the internet than done.
Let them keep digging the hole even bigger, just in that paragraph there's two issue - request for independent acas hearing refused and then handpicked governors for tomorrows run around.
Have they any previous form for pursuing a facility member or even a union rep or former union rep? This could be important.

Dr's - trust me on this one.
Try not to fret about tomorrow - I realise that's easier typed on the internet than done.
Let them keep digging the hole even bigger, just in that paragraph there's two issue - request for independent acas hearing refused and then handpicked governors for tomorrows run around.
Have they any previous form for pursuing a facility member or even a union rep or former union rep? This could be important.
They do at a previous school. Same head of governors and headteacher agreed to ACAS and lost the case.

So there is a pattern of behaviour. Does it go any further back than just 'the previous school'. Starting to see this entity as attack dogs keeping people toeing the line.
They have overseen the school going from one of the statistically best in the country to a shambles. 50 + staff have left in two years. Bullying, mismanagement the lot

They have overseen the school going from one of the statistically best in the country to a shambles. 50 + staff have left in two years. Bullying, mismanagement the lot
That would be my focus, though I know not 1% of the total picture. I'd definitely make contact with former staff to see how many felt chased, bullied, intimidated and then finally cracked and left. A cabal of bullies singling staff out one at a time has an echo of something at the forefront of the publics mind right this second...
Why did you pack in Union rep? And how many of the 50+ brought their cases by you?

I never stopped being union Rep. Several cases I knew about but mostly over my head to the union hq so I wasn't the main contact. Sadly most resigned and didn't take the school on.

That would be my focus, though I know not 1% of the total picture. I'd definitely make contact with former staff to see how many felt chased, bullied, intimidated and then finally cracked and left. A cabal of bullies singling staff out one at a time has an echo of something at the forefront of the publics mind right this second...
Why did you pack in Union rep? And how many of the 50+ brought their cases by you?
Sorry I responded to myself instead of this post below.

I've got a disciplinary hearing tomorrow. Been a teacher in the same school for 22 years. Absolutely love teaching and I've never wanted to be a manager. Trouble started two years ago when I left a campaign as Union Rep to stop our school becoming an academy. We won but I've had nothing but hassles with management ever since.
I was suspended on a spurious charge by the school in September and tomorrow I finally find out what happens. I've had great support from parents, students and ex students and colleagues. They have been on strike for 8 days to support me.
It's been awful and especially so for my family.
I would say to any blue make sure you keep a record at work of any interaction with management and if you are in the public sector join a union.
Details below and wish me luck.
I misread this part sorry.