Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Honestly one of my best friends made me, he saw that I wasn't myself. Noticed it more and more. He forced me to go and talk after getting me to open up.
I am like a stuck record on here, but I will say it again:)
Always keep talking to people, i believe also in talking to experienced people as 1. They are trained and have most probably seen and heard everything. 2. Sometimes it is good to talk to people outside of your close circle, but the main thing is to talk as it will help you no end and also relieve pressure on you.
Glad you made the journey to the Dr's, I guess it was a difficult decision, but it is a big decision you will not regret.

I hope all works well for you

I am like a stuck record on here, but I will say it again:)
Always keep talking to people, i believe also in talking to experienced people as 1. They are trained and have most probably seen and heard everything. 2. Sometimes it is good to talk to people outside of your close circle, but the main thing is to talk as it will help you no end and also relieve pressure on you.
Glad you made the journey to the Dr's, I guess it was a difficult decision, but it is a big decision you will not regret.

I hope all works well for you

Aye, I've been told to have counselling sessions as well, so I have that to sort out.

Thank you, I do too :)

Aye, I've been told to have counselling sessions as well, so I have that to sort out.

Thank you, I do too :)
Counselling can be extremely beneficial, the hard part us walking through the door.
Once you are in there and you are relaxed its amazing how open you will become with your issues.
After a couple of sessions hopefully things start making sense and then you start moving forward, but with a more positive approach than before.
My other stuck record point is - be open and willing to share

Good luck

Honestly one of my best friends made me, he saw that I wasn't myself. Noticed it more and more. He forced me to go and talk after getting me to open up.
That is a true friend.

Counselling can be extremely beneficial, the hard part us walking through the door.
Once you are in there and you are relaxed its amazing how open you will become with your issues.
After a couple of sessions hopefully things start making sense and then you start moving forward, but with a more positive approach than before.
My other stuck record point is - be open and willing to share

Good luck
So true. Breaking down in the presence of a Professional is almost liberating in a way. Things you've held onto just gush out & they are there for you like no one else can be. They are objective but take note of everything you say. I've been there, blubbering away, and many sessions later, he'll ask me about an aspect that was discussed earlier. It's then that you realise how far you've come.

Yeah they know. Not something you can hide.

You'd be surprised at how many people put on an act for those around them mate and become very adept at hiding it from their family and friends. That's one of the great things about this thread imo, as it helps fellas realise that there's no shame in having this illness and it's nothing to be ashamed of ;)

Been awhile since I've looked on this thread. Hope everyone is enjoying a positive start to 2016.
Really glad to see people again stressing the importance of discussing issues.
Without having honest discussions you will never tackle the problem.

Just like everything in life, if you're not sure ask. There are never stupid questions.
Every path we go down, no matter how isolated, there is always someone one step ahead and one step behind.
Speak to that person, guide those behind you and take advice from those ahead of you.

That's the essence of our community here.

Best wishes.

Been awhile since I've looked on this thread. Hope everyone is enjoying a positive start to 2016.
Really glad to see people again stressing the importance of discussing issues.
Without having honest discussions you will never tackle the problem.

Just like everything in life, if you're not sure ask. There are never stupid questions.
Every path we go down, no matter how isolated, there is always someone one step ahead and one step behind.
Speak to that person, guide those behind you and take advice from those ahead of you.

That's the essence of our community here.

Best wishes.
Have a great 2016 my man ;)

Nearly two weeks in to taking the anti-depressents now and I think starting to feel what is classed as normal. Couple of people have noticed my almost blase answers to things that would have worried me sick before. Had my best ever week at work selling the most cars in the group, ever in one week. Feel better within myself, not stressing about what my ex is up to and who she is with etc.

The feeling I can only describe is that I cant access those things in my mind that would make me anxious, worried and desperate, like they are there but I can't tune into them and dwell on them, like there is a big blanket covering them and they have dropped deeper into my mind.

Nearly two weeks in to taking the anti-depressents now and I think starting to feel what is classed as normal. Couple of people have noticed my almost blase answers to things that would have worried me sick before. Had my best ever week at work selling the most cars in the group, ever in one week. Feel better within myself, not stressing about what my ex is up to and who she is with etc.

The feeling I can only describe is that I cant access those things in my mind that would make me anxious, worried and desperate, like they are there but I can't tune into them and dwell on them, like there is a big blanket covering them and they have dropped deeper into my mind.
Well done mate. Keep it going.
Appreciate you describing it to us in that second paragraph. Helps me to understand what it is you and others are feeling.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back