Do Everton need a CB

• Yes - Jagielka/Distin/Stones/Alcaraz aren't good enough

Votes: 296 82.2%
  • No - Knee jerk reaction.

Votes: 64 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or has our defence got worse since we sold Heitinga? Just a thought but Heitinga was good enough to feel like competition but not quite good enough to get into the first team, and that might have been why Jags and Distin played well. Heitinga goes and maybe they feel their position is safe, start to subconsciously slack off a bit. Stones is good but we all know he's "for the future" so can't be enough competition to get the best out of our defence
Yes and the other three are antiques !lol

Is it me or has our defence got worse since we sold Heitinga?

giphy.gif

we got beat by a team..who are prob gunna be the champions..and we kept attacking,start stones over jags..,give jags a kick up the ass...we do need more cover there tho ,coz alcaraz is [Poor language removed]

I'm beginning that Jags is beginning to pack in, far too slow, indecisive, elements of fear in his play yesterday (looked like he was bricking it in the tunnel before the match) if he doesn't improve quickly, how can the club move forward with him as captain and CB, he just aint been the same since world cup + we had our highest consecutive number of wins in Prem League history when Jags was injured last season and stones came in. Not denying that he's been excellent and gave his best in previous seasons but his performances in the last few games have been too dodgy.. Stones in... + Galloway in soon

Is it me or has our defence got worse since we sold Heitinga? Just a thought but Heitinga was good enough to feel like competition but not quite good enough to get into the first team, and that might have been why Jags and Distin played well. Heitinga goes and maybe they feel their position is safe, start to subconsciously slack off a bit. Stones is good but we all know he's "for the future" so can't be enough competition to get the best out of our defence

I reckon it is just you Andy mate.

I'm beginning that Jags is beginning to pack in, far too slow, indecisive, elements of fear in his play yesterday (looked like he was bricking it in the tunnel before the match) if he doesn't improve quickly, how can the club move forward with him as captain and CB, he just aint been the same since world cup + we had our highest consecutive number of wins in Prem League history when Jags was injured last season and stones came in. Not denying that he's been excellent and gave his best in previous seasons but his performances in the last few games have been too dodgy.. Stones in... + Galloway in soon
I don't think Jags has been playing well but he was probably only really responsible for one of the goals yesterday. We were very unlucky with their 2nd (offside) and 3rd (deflection), the 4th was more down to Distin, 5th was a well worked goal but Jags wasn't at fault and the last was obviously Besic's fault.

The good thing is we won't come up against anyone else as clinical as the were yesterday. 6 goals from 8 shots is ridiculous. And we won't concede 2 deflected goals again hopefully either. They clearly have things to work on but the blame should really be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back