Do Everton need a CB

• Yes - Jagielka/Distin/Stones/Alcaraz aren't good enough

Votes: 296 82.2%
  • No - Knee jerk reaction.

Votes: 64 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wish we had another game quickly. Awful timing with the international break as we now have to stew on that disaster for a bloody fortnight

I don't think Jags has been playing well but he was probably only really responsible for one of the goals yesterday. We were very unlucky with their 2nd (offside) and 3rd (deflection), the 4th was more down to Distin, 5th was a well worked goal but Jags wasn't at fault and the last was obviously Besic's fault.

The good thing is we won't come up against anyone else as clinical as the were yesterday. 6 goals from 8 shots is ridiculous. And we won't concede 2 deflected goals again hopefully either. They clearly have things to work on but the blame should really be shared.

In my book it is, with Barry and McCarthy, they are supposed to protect and help the back 4.

Do jags and Distin need dropping immediately and banishing into the wilderness? Of course not, they have not turned into poor players over the summer, they havn't all of sudden lost there legs. Their simply not up to speed yet and have not found form yet. Having Chelsea & arsenal from the off hasn't helped!

Having said that, do we need to sign another quality CB? Yes we really do! We need to sign a nastastic or simlar quality young CB who can instantly dislodge jags or Distin if needs be, but ultimately be distins replacement and stones future partner from next season and behond.

And as has been mentioned. I think both Jags & Distin are physiologically wired to panic in defence when the pressure is on. It's not there fault, it's just years of playing that way, as a underdog, always trying to hold onto something rather than dictating the situation like winners do at the big clubs.

We defiantly need 2 CB, what happens if Jags and Distan get injured? Stones is gonna be world class but isn't yet and Alca is just awful. We need to be playing Stones as Distan and Jags are both on their last season for us

We defiantly need 2 CB, what happens if Jags and Distan get injured? Stones is gonna be world class but isn't yet and Alca is just awful. We need to be playing Stones as Distan and Jags are both on their last season for us

We only need 1 CB this season mate...don't be greedy! Jags will be fine once he's played a few more games. The England games should be a help for once!!

Is it me or has our defence got worse since we sold Heitinga? Just a thought but Heitinga was good enough to feel like competition but not quite good enough to get into the first team, and that might have been why Jags and Distin played well. Heitinga goes and maybe they feel their position is safe, start to subconsciously slack off a bit. Stones is good but we all know he's "for the future" so can't be enough competition to get the best out of our defence

Is it me or has our defence got worse since we've started playing in warm weather? Just a thought but it wasn't as warm in April when we were boss as it is now, and that might have been why Jags and Distin played well. The sun comes out and maybe they start to feel the heat.

Is it me or has our defence got worse since we've started playing in warm weather? Just a thought but it wasn't as warm in April when we were boss as it is now, and that might have been why Jags and Distin played well. The sun comes out and maybe they start to feel the heat.

Maybe there's underlying anxiety over bodily odour from them both?

They need our support not our condemnation right now. And some Right Guard.

I disagree Brenz. We didn't concede a goal in the whole of June, so you're wrong.

No need for a new centre half Bill, just build a temporary roof and install air conditioning. Then they'll be fantastic all year round!

Maybe my skills of inference and deduction are not what they once were, yet I'd be more inclined it's to do with other reasons rather than global warming. Such as, they're just ageing or out of form.... I could be wrong guess. Anyone checked the weather report for West Brom?

If we want top 4 we need better defenders, Jags and Distan are brilliant but there also combined age of 70+ and I'm not sure they'd get in any of the top 4 sides

and I'm not sure they'd get in any of the top 4 sides
Not sure? I'm pretty certain they would struggle to get near other top four clubs unless they went as a combination and that would never occur. Their strength has been as a pair: their partnership was primary based on being consistent and reading each other's game. They complimented each other.

Individually though there are much better options within the top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back