Do we have the worst attack in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful in attack and severely lacking creativity in midfield. I still believe we will have a new centre forward for the Forest game. Whether we can create enough chances for him to flourish is an other matter.

Can’t remember the last time we did someone 3 or 4 nil. I think the goals we do score this season will be from set pieces by defenders.

Ok but as soon as the midfielders/wing backs press enough we start to leave gaps at the back. I’d like to see our front three be able to do something without needing the whole teams support.
But that goes back to what I said earlier (in a different thread) where we're looking for them to pull out something magic and not ever producing chances and goals by building pressure on a team. No one really does this consistently. Yes other teams with better players get the magic that we're not getting (like Ings goal) but it isn't the whole attack.

I'd like to see us get better in that front three but we also need to do a much better job of controlling games and setting the plate for them.

But that goes back to what I said earlier (in a different thread) where we're looking for them to pull out something magic and not ever producing chances and goals by building pressure on a team. No one really does this consistently. Yes other teams with better players get the magic that we're not getting (like Ings goal) but it isn't the whole attack.

I'd like to see us get better in that front three but we also need to do a much better job of controlling games and setting the plate for them.
I like Ings as Watkins, I think they’re very effective forwards. The two of them, did far more on their own today than the three of ours did in both matches so far.

Three premier league forwards together should be able to create something on their own and they really didn’t which is very disappointing. Personally I’d have played Dele from the start as I think his movement makes space for others and himself.

I like Ings as Watkins, I think they’re very effective forwards. The two of them, did far more on their own today than the three of ours did in both matches so far.

Three premier league forwards together should be able to create something on their own and they really didn’t which is very disappointing. Personally I’d have played Dele from the start as I think his movement makes space for others and himself.
They've created a little. Gray and Gordon both got decent chances for themselves. We put one on a plate for Dele against Chelsea and he elected not to shoot. Little scraps but nothing consistent. Part of that is they're lackluster. Part of it is the rest of the team not being able to squeeze teams and build consistent attacking passages. I'd prefer we fixed both instead of spending money and wondering why we haven't magically started banging them in.

They've created a little. Gray and Gordon both got decent chances for themselves. We put one on a plate for Dele against Chelsea and he elected not to shoot. Little scraps but nothing consistent. Part of that is they're lackluster. Part of it is the rest of the team not being able to squeeze teams and build consistent attacking passages. I'd prefer we fixed both instead of spending money and wondering why we haven't magically started banging them in.
Well the Dele chance was obviously after we changed the front 3 and that was my solution offered, I think his movement causes far more opportunities.

The starting front 3 has lacked quality in the final ball though. Just before Villa’s goal today McNeil should’ve slid in Gray one on one but over hit it and against Chelsea Gray should’ve played in Gordon one on one but played the ball to close to Silva and it was intercepted.

Well the Dele chance was obviously after we changed the front 3 and that was my solution offered, I think his movement causes far more opportunities.

The starting front 3 has lacked quality in the final ball though. Just before Villa’s goal today McNeil should’ve slid in Gray one on one but over hit it and against Chelsea Gray should’ve played in Gordon one on one but played the ball to close to Silva and it was intercepted.
I agree. That we can list off all the half chances without thinking too hard is an issue too.

Status
Not open for further replies.