Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying over this weekend with my lad for his first game (Burnley).

I live in Jersey but I have been getting to games (where I can) for the last 30 years (95 cup final included age 15)

All my family are paid members of the club so we get a week to buy certain tickets before general sale.

I tried to get 3 together for Burnley but wasn’t possible on the main site and also the views of the tickets I could get were horrendous (letter box style, you know the ones).

Ended up grabbing some for 2x normal value from a 3rd party site, expensive but we can only fly over as a family once a year as really expensive.

Seeing stuff like this makes me sad and actually slightly nervous about bringing my lad to GP.

[Poor language removed] pub, and heard nothing but nightmares about the coaches from the over the years, over sold, no shows, fighting for seats, fighting for tickets etc.

Will likely be the first the close once we move ground, most people who drink in there on a non match day are those barred from every other pub in the area😂. Will take a abit of doing up to atteact anyone once we leave, and th eoqners have never seem we to want to put any sort of investment into it

The truth is it's the longest away trip and we only get a small allocation, so you'll get blues (particularly Easter weekend with other plans) getting tickets for the credits and then selling them on which puts them on the black market. Or other supporters groups who get a distribution of tickets.

You can't judge people, or their status as fans, by the colour of their skin. If that family were white he wouldn't have said anything but could have still been from anywhere.

1000031599.png

The club has had issues with credits collecting for years and the demand has gone crazy over the past 3 years, go on the GOT forums ticket sellers page and there are multiple people selling for Newacstle and Chelsea, God knows why people still want to go.

The club needs a few games of collecting in person at the away ground to rifle it down, but I doubt anybody at the club even cares now.

Chinese/Asian fans will unfortunately be seen as a soft touch due to the culture/language issues and the stereotype that they turn up spend a fortune at club shops and sit there in silence taking photos all game, you see the complaints from those over the Park, baring in mind pre foreign fans they would not be selling out games.

Takes alot to support Everton especially when you have no connection to the city

The tweets from both of the pages sums up the lads who go aways with The Brick, IQ in the low 20s the lot of them

Rather drag my balls across broken glass than go on a away with 'the brick' sniffing their heads out at 5am in their [Poor language removed] skiing attire , no thanks.

I remember a few years ago going to Formby beach to avoid the England World Cup game on the same day (they'd got quite far, quarter final? 2018 anyway).

Great day, not a football fan in sight and a mainly empty beach.

We got on the train back towards town and these two guys got on, completely off their faces, harassing the women on the train etc. Then one of them started sort of drunkenly repeating "evertonarewhite, evertonarewhite" over and over again. First I'd heard of it as I only go to home games, but opened my eyes to an element I think I'd assumed was left in the past

Been in the brick a few times over the years for a quick beer before games, always stood outside.

Was over at the Fulham game in December and we arranged to meet back at the brick after the game. I walked in and joined the queue at the bar, had a look around and left.

Been to many rough bars in my time so thats not an issue, but there was a real scummy feel to the clientele that evening. Took myself back into town.

Confusing as the brick regularly sells tickets for games their members don't go?

View attachment 250867View attachment 250868
Just catching up with this…so basically they are happy for their members and friends to hoard credits so they can maintain a monopoly on away tickets going forward…they are happy for them to then resale the tickets if they can’t be arsed actually going…but not to young non-white families?

Just catching up with this…so basically they are happy for their members and friends to hoard credits so they can maintain a monopoly on away tickets going forward…they are happy for them to then resale the tickets if they can’t be arsed actually going…but not to young non-white families?

You are also not a proper fan if god forbid you can't attend one of their protests on a Wednesday night outside goodison.

This is the same lot that literally welcomed back a convicted drug dealer days after release from prison and got him to an away match.

Status
Not open for further replies.