Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want him sacked, but, I think he will be.
I dont think there's a chance of that this side of the new year.

The fans are by and large still with him, and that 'kin rat Moshiri only acts when it's a majority against...plus the fact he looks more and more like a sleeping partner in this football club these days.

The board, Thelwell and the fans want no pitchforking for the moment.

That may be revisited by the end of January or not. Let's just hope it wont be necessary, for all our sakes.

Disagree tbh - had King Carlo not done a bunk who knows what would have happened. Likewise if Thelwell appoints the next manager and actually has a plan in place then Kenwright being around the place doesn't mean anything same as it didnt when we were a regular european side under Moyes (with the same useless chairman and board in place).

Our issue has been appointing crap managers, crap Dofs and signing dud players.

This Conspiracy some fans have of there being some unseen force stopping us from ever improving is far fetched when we did alright under a good manager in Moyes.
I’m not talking about Kenwright being around the place, I’m talking precisely about our spending our fortune on dud players, leaving us financially hamstrung.

Forget a manager coming in and having us challenging for Europe or even top half on a pittance like we did in the noughties, them days are gone in the premier league.

I feel like I’ve drifted a bit from my point now, but it was about stability. I’d rather us stick and see if the manager can turn it around until his position becomes untenable, I don’t believe we’re at that point just yet. Ideally another managerial change is the last thing we need to be going through again.

Moshiri hates paying compo to sacked managers. So I reckon he’ll only pull the trigger if he feels there’s no other option. I don’t think we’re there yet

It's true that arteta had a really bad spell...but that's was at the back of winning a cup beating city in the final so had built up some credit...lampard has done nothing.
He kept us up last season with our worst squad in history after the carnage Jaffa boy left behind him.

Worth more than any cup win.

I’m not talking about Kenwright being around the place, I’m talking precisely about our spending our fortune on dud players, leaving us financially hamstrung.

Forget a manager coming in and having us challenging for Europe or even top half on a pittance like we did in the noughties, them days are gone in the premier league.

I feel like I’ve drifted a bit from my point now, but it was about stability. I’d rather us stick and see if the manager can turn it around until his position becomes untenable, I don’t believe we’re at that point just yet. Ideally another managerial change is the last thing we need to be going through again.

I think if there were 2-3 nailed on sides for relegation and/or we had a good points cushion like our good start last season I would probably agree.

However... we're 1 point off the bottom 3, Wolves and Villa have both appointed new credible managers, Saints and Bournemouth will likely get new manager bounces when they get new appointments in and Notts Forest seem to have some life in them recently meaning there are no clear cut sides for relegation this season.

Its also a vicious cycle - everyones saying Lampard needs a boss slotter or two in January - who's coming in to a team stuck in a relegation battle? Surely we need a Moyes Type appointment to overachieve and have us in a position where we could attract better players ?

On top of that if we give Lampard another 5-10 games and we continue to slide - what good manager would be willing to take the job on? Difference between appointing a new manager now with 6 weeks to drill the team during the WC + have the Jan window to bring in their own players than take over in Feb/March.

I had no real belief of relegation last season but I do think we'll go down this year if the owner/DOF get lulled into a false sense of security with the fanbase smitten with Lampard and leave it too late.

That's what every Arsenal fan was saying not so long ago about Arteta.
This is completely different. Nearly a year of fighting relegation. They were never this low. Nothing has changed at Goodison. 3 wins in 15 including conceding 7 goals to the mighty Bournemouth (championship squad) = history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back