Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's have a think..
If it is the same players toiling and putting in a lack of effort that has been evident over the last few years then let's name names.

Who from Saturday would you say is a bad egg?

For me we have a team of unreliable, unintelligent, thick players whose decision making is all wrong. I'm not sure it's a lack of effort. Is it?

Pickford. Erratic.
Gray. Erratic.
Gordon. Erratic.
Iwobi. Erratic.
Myko and Patterson. Fine.
Coady and Tarkowski. Fine.
Onana. Will be great but probably not here.
Gana. Meh.
Maupay. Awful footballer in this set up.
McNeil. Good technician but meh.
DCL. Injury prone and average.

Who from Saturday are the bad eggs.

He has shown a worrying tactical naivety and inability to change games. Also he's been here ten months and what's our style ? Where's the coaching ? Where are the patterns of play ? I back having a rebuild with one manager and that takes time but he has to be also getting some results and showing a glimpse of what we are building towards. But also I don't see a manager coming in and instantly fixing this because the players and squad are inconsistent the glaring issue is the lack of creativity and threat but FL needs to be getting performances and results when we come back and if we bring in players if not then it's time for someone more experienced. So that's a no for now but he is literally one or two defeats away...

Last edited:
So let's have a think..
If it is the same players toiling and putting in a lack of effort that has been evident over the last few years then let's name names.

For me we have a team of unreliable, unintelligent, thick players whose decision making is all wrong. I'm not sure it's a lack of effort. Is it?

Pickford. Erratic.
Gray. Erratic.
Gordon. Erratic.
Iwobi. Erratic.
Gana. Meh.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Injury prone and average.

Right they're all inconsistent for one reason or another that's why they're here

So let's have a think..

Pickford. Erratic.
Gray. Erratic.
Gordon. Erratic.
Iwobi. Erratic.
Gana. Meh.

Just feels like a mish-mash of a squad, which has been a problem for a while. You'd say Coady and Tarkowski should be our leaders, but one is on loan and the other just arrived. It feels disjointed and not a particularly stable dynamic looking in from the outside.

I imagine you have lots of unhappy players there. You can't imagine our previous 'leaders' such as Mina, Holgate, Keane are happy to be discarded...Holgate not even on the bench Saturday and Mina seemed friendly with Allan, Gomes, Richarlison etc who have all moved on.

Then players like doucoure who was an important player last year now a bit part of, Vinagre was brought in the summer and is now not even in the squad.

Not sure if they are bad eggs as per, but certainly doesn't feel like a squad that's all working to the same goal...but maybe that's just modern football.

So let's have a think..

Pickford. Erratic.
Gray. Erratic.
Gordon. Erratic.
Iwobi. Erratic.
Gana. Meh.

Keep the present back five, get shut of the rest.

I think his days are numbered. A home win against Wolves quite rightly won’t be enough to relieve him from the pressure, but I don’t even see us winning against Wolves. Then we will get absolutely battered at City away, at which point he will be sacked!

I hope we are using this World Cup break so that a new manager can be in place for Southampton at home, and so the new manager gets the January transfer window to himself.

I think his days are numbered. A home win against Wolves quite rightly won’t be enough to relieve him from the pressure, but I don’t even see us winning against Wolves. Then we will get absolutely battered at City away, at which point he will be sacked!

I hope we are using this World Cup break so that a new manager can be in place for Southampton at home, and so the new manager gets the January transfer window to himself.
Massive two months ahead for the club. Either Frank is backed, and we are sounding out targets for his team, or he isn't, and we are sounding out targets to replace him. This should be happening now.

Wouldn't be even slightly surprised to see him get sacked mid Jan, waste the window with panicked loans and get in an underwhelming replacement ready for February games.

Imagine Lampard had the injuries some managers had where would Everton be?
please no excuses we have no foward line

Status
Not open for further replies.