Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another person killed by a dangerous dog.

37yr old guy in Manchester.

I like dogs but the laws around dog ownership and sentencing for owners of dogs who attack people or other animals are nowhere near strong enough.

Owner of this thankfully destroyed animal should be facing a penalty consistent with manslaughter. If an owner does nothing to attempt to control the animal or encourages it they should be on a murder charge.

Sick of reading about people being mauled and dying in absolutely horrific ways because of unfit owners.

Cue all the "it's not the dog's fault" arguments I suppose.

Another person killed by a dangerous dog.

37yr old guy in Manchester.

I like dogs but the laws around dog ownership and sentencing for owners of dogs who attack people or other animals are nowhere near strong enough.

Owner of this thankfully destroyed animal should be facing a penalty consistent with manslaughter. If an owner does nothing to attempt to control the animal or encourages it they should be on a murder charge.

Sick of reading about people being mauled and dying in absolutely horrific ways because of unfit owners.

Cue all the "it's not the dog's fault" arguments I suppose.

My only gripe with things like this that it just flat out isn't. A dog doesn't ask to be bought, bred, placed where they are, raised how they are, put into situations they could attack etc. It's 100% the owners for me. Of course if a dog has become dangerous due to this then it just can't be allowed out anymore but I always feel bad when it's usually just the dog facing punishment. Same when dumb people get like wolves and bears for pets.

I don't even like dogs either really.

My only gripe with things like this that it just flat out isn't. A dog doesn't ask to be bought, bred, placed where they are, raised how they are, put into situations they could attack etc. It's 100% the owners for me. Of course if a dog has become dangerous due to this then it just can't be allowed out anymore but I always feel bad when it's usually just the dog facing punishment. Same when dumb people get like wolves and bears for pets.

Totally agree, certain people like @Toffee_Loaf shouldn't be allowed to own dogs as he would make it wear a flag and hold a bible as an excuse for attacking people.

It's down to bad owners, not bad dogs... 100%

Staffies are fine.

It's these XL bully x mastiff types that are a disaster waiting to happen. I reckon we'll see a big increase in the number of fatal attacks by these dogs in the next few years.

The original American XL bullies were massive softies, but too many bloodlines have been mixed with working breeds by stupid, unscrupulous breeders and nobody inexperienced should own one. They're an accident waiting to happen.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back