Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thought an interesting article;

This is why neutering and regulation of breeding is required. Some of these dogs are so inbred, it's a grim scene, the breeding of these dogs. Really makes you despair of people.

My friend has one though, presumably not of this bloodline, it's so chilled, he's been attacked by other dogs twice and not even reacted, and the bond the dog has with his young daughter is so sweet. It really is one of the most stable dogs in the 'hood and it's only a year old. He says he's only barked twice in his entire life. Once at a pigeon that landed in the garden, and once at a hot air balloon.

Some absolute whopper has decided to spread a load of raisin filled bread around the field on our estate (it’s literally only used by dog walkers as the builders are slowly building on it and it doesn’t lead anywhere).

My boy managed to wolf a load down before my partner could stop him. So it’s been a fun evening at the vets out of hours.

Been reading a lot of debate on the keeping of larger more aggressive breeds of dogs like mastiffs and Staffordshire bull terriers etc. Some calling them “devil dogs” and “kid scranners” and others who obviously like and keep dogs disagreeing.

I can see both sides really so I keep an open mind but thought it might be good to read other’s opinions on it on here.
Used to have a Staffy myself. Beautiful docile animal. Friedly, totally not aggressive, but i presume he could have defended himself if he'd had to. However, these xl bullies, pitbulls etc, are bred to be aggressive and LOOK aggressive. They are a whole new ball game. The breeds should be eradicated in my view. Nobody has a need to own one of these killing machines/drug protection dogs.

Used to have a Staffy myself. Beautiful docile animal. Friedly, totally not aggressive, but i presume he could have defended himself if he'd had to. However, these xl bullies, pitbulls etc, are bred to be aggressive and LOOK aggressive. They are a whole new ball game. The breeds should be eradicated in my view. Nobody has a need to own one of these killing machines/drug protection dogs.
Agreed. I like Staffies they’re big softies and affectionate as you can get. It’s wrong all those calling to put them down. The dangerous breeds are for sacred insecure people.

Some absolute whopper has decided to spread a load of raisin filled bread around the field on our estate (it’s literally only used by dog walkers as the builders are slowly building on it and it doesn’t lead anywhere).

My boy managed to wolf a load down before my partner could stop him. So it’s been a fun evening at the vets out of hours.
A new level of hatred for litterers after getting a pup recently. Pick your rubbish up and put it in the bin.

I'd be fascinated to establish how many of them voted Tory and have ignored the widespread mismanagement and decay of Britain under their watch.... but are up in arms over their devil dogs.

Truly, we are fascinating creatures.
The Venn circles containing thick, bigot, crap tattoos and Brexit are extremely tight.

Instead of empowering them we should be ridiculing them, but the tories are using them as a political pawn whilst they casually blatantly screw them over.

A new level of hatred for litterers after getting a pup recently. Pick your rubbish up and put it in the bin.
Definitely. Unfortunately, I think this was put there on purpose. It may have been spread around for the birds but it was in various places along the path (when it could have just been thrown off the path into the long grass etc if it was for the birds)

Never been so scared I might lose him. Didn’t even flinch at the £390 cost for the out of hours vets.

Anyone who lets a dog lick their face should be imprisoned. You are affectively licking a dog's nads by proxy and the only thing one can summise from that is that is what you really want to do.
I’m not sure you have grasped the concept of what “licking” is and how it works.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back