Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kit Malthouse is a bellend.

Licencing is the way. For breeding at the very least, and actually for all breeds imo. Ownership and breeding licencing for at least bigger, more powerful breeds would be far more effective than any ban has ever been.
The XL Bully was never bred for fighting. in fact, every effort was made to breed the prey drive out and for it to be a gentle giant, which the vast majority still are today. Lockdown did this breed and some others absolutely no favours. Every knobhead scally and their mates trying to make a quick £10k, with little or no care taken to preserve the temperament of the breed.
Licenses weren't policed well enough when they tried it before and that's where the government need to direct efforts and resources. But alas, the Tories (and media) will always try and push for the action that is cheapest and most dramatic, whilst banning breeds as NEVER solved the problem of people breeding and owning dogs with little or no intention or ability to train any dog properly.
Ban the XL Bully and arseholes who want a "hard" dog will just move on to the Cane Corso or Presa Canario or whatever other dog that's capable of easily killing people.
I'm fairly sure they're all banned already aren't they? And the Argento one and South African one etc etc..

I'm fairly sure they're all banned already aren't they? And the Argento one and South African one etc etc..
Cane Corso and Presa Canario aren't banned in this country. Dogs Argentino, Fila Brasilia and Tosa Inu are though.

Edit: just checked and I'm actually wrong about this. There are no banned breeds in the UK, just certain "types".

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back