2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried his heart out and held the ball up better he doesn't have that killer finish yet but is often isolated. But he is developing and should stay in the team its not his fault we have no genuine experienced first team striker.

Still think he needs a loan out. Send him back to Sheff United, let him slot abar 20 for the season. He'll come back better.

Still think he needs a loan out. Send him back to Sheff United, let him slot abar 20 for the season. He'll come back better.

....no way that will happen. Silva will want his best CF available. They were talking yesterday of him getting called into the full England squad and folk want to send him the Championship.

If he was up for sale, Premier League club’s will be very keen on taking him.

Don’t really understand the point of sending him back down a division to play against worse defenders. If he’s to go out anywhere it should be the PL or Europe.

He needs to score goals. His overall game isn't actually that bad but he's like the anti-Lukaku - his game is too far the other way so he's no threat in front of goal.

Six months in the Championship and grabbing 10-15 goals would do him the world of good.

He needs to score goals. His overall game isn't actually that bad but he's like the anti-Lukaku - his game is too far the other way so he's no threat in front of goal.

Six months in the Championship and grabbing 10-15 goals would do him the world of good.
Players who are "no threat in front of goal" don't score the goal he got on Tuesday mate.

He's not a CONSISTENT threat in front of goal at this stage the way Lukaku was, granted, but worth remembering that 1) Lukaku was a bit of a freak physically and 2) at Dom's age, Lukaku had been playing regular top flight football for 5 years.

IF we loan out DCL (which imho should only be done if we bring in TWO better strikers in the summer) then it needs to be to a lower PL team, the way Lukaku went to WBA

Don’t really understand the point of sending him back down a division to play against worse defenders. If he’s to go out anywhere it should be the PL or Europe.
But he wouldn't get much more game time, he'd play every week in the championship

Sounds like his performance and effort split opinion yesterday. I'd have to watch the game back but I personally don't remember all this effort he put in.

I also think we need far more from him than winning a few flick on headers, or easy saves for their keeper. Strange one as I thought he did well against Cardiff, but I just didn't see it with him yesterday. One thing I will say in his defence is that it must be hard playing that role, as Tosun and Richarlison have both also struggled a lot this season having to lead the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.