2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how Rom delivered the goods for year after year yet was criticised by some yet DCL runs around alot and scores a few goals in the space of about 1 month with the rest of his 2 years or so here underwhelming yet is suddenly the real deal - only Evertonians.
cant remember Dom's old man even once saying that his son was too good for our club. Or Dom not celebrating with his teammates.

Lukaku was s class striker and a complete cock.

Dom seems to be developing into a quality premier league striker and seems to be a top bloke and teammate.

Why not buy an Inter Milan Jersey and stick - "9 - Ive got it hard for Lukaku" on the back of it.

Does he contribute loads to the team though? He works hard like but up top on his own he's useless.

The fact we can only play a 2 up top formation to make him useful in any sense surely points to him being just as much a hinderance?

Richarlison on the other hand can play in a front 2, up top on his own, out wide on both flanks - now thats someone who's a massive use to the side.
Richarlison cannot play up top on his own, He gets flattened by the absolute grock CB's in the league.

Richarlison cannot play up top on his own, He gets flattened by the absolute grock CB's in the league.
Imagine thinking Rico can play up top on his own, he was terrible.

2 up top suits all our Strikers.

Not many Strikers in this league can play 9 on their own and play it well, struggling to think of any teams that play a lone 9 anymore to be honest.
I don't think you can say for sure they can't play as a loan striker given that Silva's tactics and Sigrudsson's lack of involvement made it like they were playing without anyone in the same area code.

My point is there seems to be some myth built around DCL that he's some irreplaceable cog of the team and we would be screwed without him when in reality he's had a good 1 month spell in about 2 years playing in a front 2 which by virtue will give him more chances to score - stick Danny Ings, Pukki, Abraham, Ayew near enough any Centre forward but Joelinton alongside Richarlison and you'll get a similiar output to DCL's imo.

I hope he continues and becomes top class as Everton will only benefit from it but I wouldn't be shocked if he goes on another of his goal droughts once the new manager bounce wears off.

My point is there seems to be some myth built around DCL that he's some irreplaceable cog of the team and we would be screwed without him when in reality he's had a good 1 month spell in about 2 years playing in a front 2 which by virtue will give him more chances to score - stick Danny Ings, Pukki, Abraham, Ayew near enough any Centre forward but Joelinton alongside Richarlison and you'll get a similiar output to DCL's imo.

I hope he continues and becomes top class as Everton will only benefit from it but I wouldn't be shocked if he goes on another of his goal droughts once the new manager bounce wears off.

What a terrible list of Strikers.

Nonsense.

DCL is very valuable to us right now because we lack a half decent midfield. His ability to retain possession on long balls out of the back is huge for us since we don't have anyone capable of bring the ball through the midfield, particularly against better competition.

DCL is very valuable to us right now because we lack a half decent midfield. His ability to retain possession on long balls out of the back is huge for us since we don't have anyone capable of bring the ball through the midfield, particularly against better competition.
[/QUOTE
Very much agree, take into account his ability off the ball, perhaps too much until now, the new boss has made him more to concentrate on scoring and compensated by uppingthe midfielders game, and it's worked for DCL but the midfield does worry me.

Hes coming into his own a bit, i sometimes wonder on Dom, but every single manager he plays under seems utterly convinced, if he hits 15 this season, its a brilliant return, he looks immensely better in a two.
This is the unknown. Are they all convinced or do they just lack alternatives? What Carlo does this summer will tell a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back