2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unreal.

He couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo until this season, now he's got all this attitude.

I wouldn't care if he never played for us again, tbh.

He should have piped up as much last night to Horrendouson instead of meekly surrendering the ball to him.
36 in 2 seasons, 53 in total for the club

Unreal.

He couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo until this season, now he's got all this attitude.

He should have piped up as much last night to Horrendouson instead of meekly surrendering the ball to him.
What's wrong with a young lad, who's doing well in his career, having a bit of fun?

His form is going to plummet off a cliff now as he tries to stop cringing at your Soccer AM Henderson nickname

Im not blaming DCL legs Henderson was the clown but my point was DCL's reaction wasn't the kind I like to see in a player who we have hopes of taking the next step and being a top level player.

99% of top players are arrogant/confident whatever you want to call it - an 18 year old Rooney holds onto that ball because he believes that he's the best doesn't matter that he isn't a "senior" player.

That belief is what separates good from great players and thats why we dont achieve anything as we haven't those sorts of players at the club.

Look at how the top sides players hound the referees etc.
Did this actually happen or is it just something else that occurred only in your head?

Unreal.

You usually have a pretty solid take on the football happening at the club; even when it's not the popular opinion, but you know just as well as I; that outside of James Rodriguez, Dominic Calvert Lewin is the most talented footballer at the club currently. He has not yet fulfilled his immense potential and will require refining of his skill sets but the lad really is the least of our problems.

90% of the runs he make go unnoticed by the team, yet he continues to make them. The other 10% are supplied by defenders. IF Everton manages to secure a competent manager and bring in actual wingers capable of maintaining possession, stretching the field wide, and supplying crosses you'll see some wonderful top class football from DCL next year.

I think you're rightly upset with the management of the club. Now imagine your career success is dependent on that management like the footballers at the club as opposed to just your supporting interest. Be upset with the board, the chairman, the director, the prior managers, or one of the plethora of footballers that hide behind markers and point at others rather than presenting for the ball.

Dom is a top top lad all the way around (talent, intelligence, effort on the pitch, efforts in the community, with the media, as a teammate) and one of the only real positives about being an Everton supporter at the moment. Please don't go about contributing to negativity where it is not warranted.

- As someone who typically enjoys reading your takes on all things Everton.

Spot on that Henderson knew what he was doing. My main point was though DCL shouldn't be thinking about dressing room hierarchy or what the media will make of him taking a stand - his first and only thought should be "im lashing this in the back of the net" thats the point I was making the top level forwards just want goals! Good luck telling an 18 year old Wayne Rooney that the senior defensive midfielder is taking HIS pen!
18 year old rooney was the first name on the England sheet. Let’s not forget that.
also he let Beckham take “his” penalty when he was bought down in the game against France in his first euros- which Beckham missed and from winning 1-0 we eventually lost 2-1.

You usually have a pretty solid take on the football happening at the club; even when it's not the popular opinion, but you know just as well as I; that outside of James Rodriguez, Dominic Calvert Lewin is the most talented footballer at the club currently. He has not yet fulfilled his immense potential and will require refining of his skill sets but the lad really is the least of our problems.

90% of the runs he make go unnoticed by the team, yet he continues to make them. The other 10% are supplied by defenders. IF Everton manages to secure a competent manager and bring in actual wingers capable of maintaining possession, stretching the field wide, and supplying crosses you'll see some wonderful top class football from DCL next year.

I think you're rightly upset with the management of the club. Now imagine your career success is dependent on that management like the footballers at the club as opposed to just your supporting interest. Be upset with the board, the chairman, the director, the prior managers, or one of the plethora of footballers that hide behind markers and point at others rather than presenting for the ball.

Dom is a top top lad all the way around (talent, intelligence, effort on the pitch, efforts in the community, with the media, as a teammate) and one of the only real positives about being an Everton supporter at the moment. Please don't go about contributing to negativity where it is not warranted.

- As someone who typically enjoys reading your takes on all things Everton.
This is man talks a lot of sence.
Basically it like some people would prefer DCL to be terrible. Slots 20+ goals for us this season and people complaining he isn’t as good as messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back