2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the record for the lowest combined distance of a hat trick is ? he's scored 2 literally on the line and another from a corner

I think Kuyt scored a similar hat trick of close range goals for liverpool against Man U a few years ago but DCL's today must be close.

With respect you can criticise his ability but to insinuate he isn't professional is poor.

He's a product of his own hard work and possibly one of the most professional players you will ever meet.
A professional delivers a high standard week in-week out.

Then it's difficult to be a top player. In fact, by this logic there isn't a good professional involved in the game.

Nobody manages it EVERY game.

There'll obviously be times when a player doesn't hit the heights. But top professionals have very few of those days. So I'll qualify my original statement and say 'top professionals'.

DCL is nowhere near consistent enough to be called that yet. Richarlison is one player who I would apply that too. If DCL gets to Richarlisons level he'll have risen to a level I never though he'd reach.

IMO he's way too flakey to reach that level too. Him and Richarlison are different beasts.

There'll obviously be times when a player doesn't hit the heights. But top professionals have very few of those days. So I'll qualify my original statement and say 'top professionals'.

DCL is nowhere near consistent enough to be called that yet. Richarlison is one player who I would apply that too. If DCL gets to Richarlisons level he'll have risen to a level I never though he'd reach.

IMO he's way too flakey to reach that level too. Him and Richarlison are different beasts.

One league goal for every 177 minutes since the start of last season. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.