2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don’t understand why people are saying 60 is a snap your hand off type of price. Ben White at 50 is the benchmark for an England international about that age. Strikers, especially those who have a proven scoring record in the PL, go for much more than defenders, then you add in a big January tax if they want him now, then you add an extra tax because we are in a relegation battle, then you factor in things like his huge marketability and 60 doesn’t touch the sides. In the summer we should be looking for 65-70 min, to go now add at least 10 to those numbers.

I get that everyone has a price and he may want to move on. But it has to be a summer move, and a move this month would be insane.

I think personally think his value to us is higher than his market value to other clubs. You are talking 60-70m for us to consider selling.

For the entire moyes period we were bemoaning the fact we needed a striker to slot 20 and we were in With a chance.
Basically had two since he left lukaku and now dcl… fans practically begging for them to leave.
Might be another 20 years before we land another

Always liked and backed Dom because he is a traditional number 9 at Everton which basically is we lump the ball and the big lad holds it up
he has his limitations he will never create a goal out of nothing so if he gets no real service all you can expect and accept is hard work
That is where it is confusing that people think top clubs are in for him unless he suddenly becomes Harry Kane M2 is a move to a top 4 club ever going to happen
The only 2 clubs that realistically would come in for him are Villa or Newcastle and that would be just about the money

He's turned out to be a pretty good player, but £60m would be too much to turn down.

Some of that would need to be spend on a new recruitment team, though.
The thing is if we take the money now and don't replace him we could go down. At least if we are selling him to give the manager a budget for the future we should wait till the summer as the clubs will still be after him if he is available. Personally i'd keep him and only sell for silly money but knowing Everton we will sell now and not replace him.

The thing is if we take the money now and don't replace him we could go down. At least if we are selling him to give the manager a budget for the future we should wait till the summer as the clubs will still be after him if he is available. Personally i'd keep him and only sell for silly money but knowing Everton we will sell now and not replace him.
If we’re going to sell it should be in the summer. Ideally with a new manager and DoF in place to sort out the replacement.

Had a dream last night that he was my best friend and he told me he was moving to Lyon to go to university there. Not sure what it means, but I was really sad when he broke it to me. Maybe I'm Everton in this case and uni in Lyon actually means Arsenal in the summer.

Anyway, I'll be sad when he goes.

Even the papers are reporting it as a potential summer transfer, so I think that's a given.

If they wanted him now, we'd have to be talking well in excess of what would normally be considered an acceptable fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.