2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am grateful for our striker tonight but not let us forget the fact that a striker is there to score our goals. Stick any striker on and eventually they will score goals and that is what is expected. I still am not convinced DCL is the striker we need and would still accept a decent offer for him. He will rightfully go down as someone who helped us sty up but is that enough to not sell him for stupid money

I am grateful for our striker tonight but not let us forget the fact that a striker is there to score our goals. Stick any striker on and eventually they will score goals and that is what is expected. I still am not convinced DCL is the striker we need and would still accept a decent offer for him. He will rightfully go down as someone who helped us sty up but is that enough to not sell him for stupid money

“Stick any striker on and eventually they will score goals”

What a bizarre statement. So all strikers should go for the same fees then?

Bobblehead Dom says get in thereeeeeeee

Attachments

• F4C9935F-9440-4E92-B83B-367493E173EC.webp
    F4C9935F-9440-4E92-B83B-367493E173EC.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

Excellent finish by Dominic Calvert-Lewin to see off Crystal Palace tonight. Now I am looking forward to him bringing out his own clothing range in the summer.

Not sure whether to put his poor season down to the injuries or what.

I had my criticisms of his 1 on 1 finishing etc. Still don't think he has that ruthless finishing in his locker.

But credit for coming up with the most important goal in recent history.

Weirdly “Stick any striker on and eventually they will score goals” hasn’t always been the case, at least for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back