2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 in ~14 this season. Not too bad considering all the injuries and zero creativity.
Never understood everyone slagging off him and richy for the goal totals. There is pretty much zero creativity in the squad at all. Hopefully Alli gets more run next year and we bring in a few more creative players. Digne and James were missed

How fitting that from a cross from Gray, Evertons number 9 scores a diving header.

Im probably gonna spend my summer watching that goal on repeat.
Have slated Gray in recent weeks too but he was great when he came on, did what he's good at.

Dom stepped up after a horrid season for him.

I was told in October, just after that West Ham defeat that started Benitez's awful run, that he was going to be out until Christmas and that there was real worry about his season, it was horrid to hear especially from the person I got it from who's his mate so I knew it wasn't balls. I've tried to keep a lid on my expectations on Dom since he came back but there's been flashes of his old self and today he delivered, it's hard when you expect so much from a player. He needs a good rest, proper recovery time away from footy and if he goes, he goes, but we're in a strong position to get good money for him.

And as many of us have banged on about - give him good quality chances, and he'll score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back