2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has one called Tom.
1653374829136.jpeg

You see, being abusive to players online because you didn’t get your shot of weekend feel good entitlement has consequences. They’re paid enough to handle it doh lad aren’t they?

You know who you are, and your absence is noted in this thread right now.

Well done that stood by DCL on here for being *checks notes* a talented number 9 for Everton who also happens to be compassionate, expressive. And braver than those who condemn him.

Seems like a pre-transfer post to me.
It might well be.

Everton need to sell a big player.

There's no market for Pickford, Mina is crocked and has one year left on his deal and Allan is old (but I think he might leave even though I think he'd be very good in Lampard's preferred 433, which is fair enough as he's on a lot of money).

That leaves Richarlison and Dom. One of them, at least, has to go. It depends who comes in for them but whatever happens we have to make that decision quickly and then reinvest what we can.

I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't think he was good enough and openly admit that I thought he was "manipulating" a move away, It just shows how wrong or how much of a misjudgement we can make because none of us really know what is going on "behind the scenes" in other peoples lives, how they are affected by the circumstances they are experiencing and how even our little jibes and digs can have a really negative impact on that individual.

It actually takes a Strong Character to do what he has done and absolute 100% support for him for doing what he has done, like the lad at Blackpool, it gives others a person to "focus" on to say, hey look if someone like that can speak up/out then so can I. It can only be a positive when these people use their position to get a message out that " you are never alone" there is always someone who can talk you through it. Often though it can come too late for some and that is a tragedy.

The last couple of years, have shown us all the absolutely dreadful impact of isolation and hopelessness that some have felt and I might add that it appears that this "period" may not be over as enter further crises that are already affecting a huge number of people.

I like to think that I. personally reach out, helping an old dear who cant go the shops because she was scared she would bring home a deadly virus and her husband would get very ill or just stopping for a chat with someone who may well just need that "chat" as its been their only contact with someone, that day. So many opportunities to do the right thing but we all get sucked in to the self absorbed me, me, me, instant gratification mentality that is prevalent in modern society.

If it makes even one or two more people think how their words/actions etc affect others then its gotta be a good thing.

Fair play to DCL, forwards and onwards for the lad, if it isnt with us, then so be it.

You see, being abusive to players online because you didn’t get your shot of weekend feel good entitlement has consequences. They’re paid enough to handle it doh lad aren’t they?

You know who you are, and your absence is noted in this thread right now.

Well done that stood by DCL on here for being *checks notes* a talented number 9 for Everton who also happens to be compassionate, expressive. And braver than those who condemn him.
For some, they've just never liked Dom, for whatever reason. Not his clothes or personality, but they've never taken to him as a player, always thought he wasn't good enough and weren't willing to accept they were wrong once he'd worked his balls off to get to where he did after that first lockdown, and even the form he'd shown before that under Carlo.

For others, I think it's a coping mechanism. He hasn't been present a lot this year due to the injuries and when he has been back after that lay off his performances have been iffy at best. Some people put that down to a lack of effort, even though to me it was clear the effort was there, he was just a bit all over the place. But I think with all the rumours of teams being interested, and the fact that even if we'd stayed up we'd have to sell one of the big assets, it makes it easier for people to cope when one of those big assets isn't in the team. i.e. 'he won't be missed anyway' etc.

If he goes he goes and his goal has ensured we'll be able to get good money for him. We move on, but he'll have been a good player for Everton who will have signed for £1.5m and probably generated a profit of £48.5m at least. Not bad going.

For some, they've just never liked Dom, for whatever reason. Not his clothes or personality, but they've never taken to him as a player, always thought he wasn't good enough and weren't willing to accept they were wrong once he'd worked his balls off to get to where he did after that first lockdown, and even the form he'd shown before that under Carlo.

For others, I think it's a coping mechanism. He hasn't been present a lot this year due to the injuries and when he has been back after that lay off his performances have been iffy at best. Some people put that down to a lack of effort, even though to me it was clear the effort was there, he was just a bit all over the place. But I think with all the rumours of teams being interested, and the fact that even if we'd stayed up we'd have to sell one of the big assets, it makes it easier for people to cope when one of those big assets isn't in the team. i.e. 'he won't be missed anyway' etc.

If he goes he goes and his goal has ensured we'll be able to get good money for him. We move on, but he'll have been a good player for Everton who will have signed for £1.5m and probably generated a profit of £48.5m at least. Not bad going.
We need to understand why some Evertonians like to chase out their goal scoring strikers. Usually because they don’t show undying devotion to the badge forever and that makes them all insecure.

Let’s have it right, for a depressing number of people, that’s EXACTLY the reason.

Anyone said he can't be depressed as he earns a good wage yet? Fair play to the lad and I wish him all the best going forward. Will help other young ones speak out too. I know the benefits of talking about your issues firsthand believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.