2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make an excuse for why every player scores their goals but regardless of everything going on around him, I can't see how any player scores so many tap ins without good movement. In doing so, you're literally putting yourself in a position where the ball is travelling and where there is no defensive cover. The primary skill needed in scoring tap ins is surely movement?

He presses. That's his only value IMO. The number of goals he gets is negligibale...that's partly because he cant make things happen. The ball has to be on his head or a scramble occurs in the box and he gets a goal that way.

Sorry, but that lad is not a player I'd ever describe as an attacker who has the type of movement around the box that causes defenders sleepless nights.

He gets there (not often enough) because defenders are held down or dustracted by other players.

Anyone who believes DCL has intelligent forward movement dont know football.
He changed his game completely under Ancelotti, in almost no time at all, to excellent effect.

The kid not only has excellent movement but he clearly follows instructions well and is highly adaptable (and I’ve yet to hear him moan).

The “if you don’t agree with me you don’t know anything about footy” argument is miles beneath you, Davinson.

He changed his game completely under Ancelotti, in almost no time at all, to excellent effect.

The kid not only has excellent movement but he clearly follows instructions well and is highly adaptable (and I’ve yet to hear him moan).

The “if you don’t agree with me you don’t know anything about footy” argument is miles beneath you, Davinson.

I'm staggered anyone thinks Calvert-Lwewin is anything other than a player who chases into the channels and needs multiple high balls into the box to register an effort or two.

Fans of elite clubs would laugh at the thoiught of him being touted as anything other than bog standard.

He just doesn't get goals. That's the bottom line.

He gets one goal against Palace and he's rehabilitated for some.

Not me. He's a chancer and we can do better.

I'm staggered anyone thinks Calvert-Lwewin is anything other than a player who chases into the channels and needs multiple high balls into the box to register an effort or two.

Fans of elite clubs would laugh at the thoiught of him being touted as anything other than bog standard.

He did indeed run the channels and chase everything down up front pre-Carlo because those were his instructions.

Carlo turned him into Inzaghi-lite and that stopped overnight. Surprise surprise, when Carlo leaves and we’re utterly and completely devoid of any service to our forwards he goes ball hunting again.

He’s not a clinical finisher, on that we agree, but the relative lack of those in general, in the 30-odd years I’ve been watching footy, speaks to how difficult it is to get one in general, let alone for 2 bob from League One.

Of the positions that may need our attention in this window, I’d say first choice ST and GK are by far our lowest priority.

1654882061636.png

As opposed to the other incredibly consistent strikers we've had over the years - which is to say, absolutely no one - I'd say he's a decent catch for the next to no money. With half service he still gets goals. Yeah, maybe not 40 a season, but then again, who does? The best scorer the champions - City - have is not a forward. Their actual forwards get roughly 10 a season, in a team that scores abar 5 a game.

View attachment 169495

As opposed to the other incredibly consistent strikers we've had over the years - which is to say, absolutely no one - I'd say he's a decent catch for the next to no money. With half service he still gets goals. Yeah, maybe not 40 a season, but then again, who does? The best forward the champions - City - have is not a forward. Their actual forwards get roughly 10 a season, in a team that scores abar 5 a game.
Dave probably thinks he has Scottish blood.

Funniest thing ive read was him saying Dom lacks movement, I mean how do you tell people you dont watch Everton, without telling them.

Dave probably thinks he has Scottish blood.

Funniest thing ive read was him saying Dom lacks movement, I mean how do you tell people you dont watch Everton, without telling them.
He's seen the 2 games when he came back and was still clearly unfit - in 1 of them Dom definitely didn't sweat for 60 min, to Dave's credit.

I've heard Dom's great grandad is a Scot, makes sense for Dave to hate him tbh.

He's seen the 2 games when he came back and was still clearly unfit - in 1 of them Dom definitely didn't sweat for 60 min, to Dave's credit.

I've heard Dom's great grandad is a Scot, makes sense for Dave to hate him tbh.
Happy to admit that when he first came back from injury he was very poor, but even before he started scoring he always offered a presence up top, with his movement.

Happy to admit that when he first came back from injury he was very poor, but even before he started scoring he always offered a presence up top, with his movement.
Occasionally mistimes jumps tbh, but honestly that's my criticism for him for this year - occasional mistimed jumps and that 1 game when he came back and it was so obvious he wasn't fit but we needed someone up top and we had an even less fit Rondon (somehow) and the ghost of Tosun's hair implants as strikers.

View attachment 169495

As opposed to the other incredibly consistent strikers we've had over the years - which is to say, absolutely no one - I'd say he's a decent catch for the next to no money. With half service he still gets goals. Yeah, maybe not 40 a season, but then again, who does? The best scorer the champions - City - have is not a forward. Their actual forwards get roughly 10 a season, in a team that scores abar 5 a game.
Nothing numbers for someone that the whole team serviced with crosses.

And what happened this season? Even allowing for his time out injured his performances were appalling.

Check out this thread from about 5/6 weeks ago. No one had a good word to say about him. Rightly so too.

He is far from being essential for this football club.

Some people are easily pleased aren't they?

A player who couldn't be arsed putting in the effort when we were dancing on the trap door.

He was found out this season performance and attitude-wise.

Nothing numbers for someone that the whole team serviced with crosses.

And what happened this season? Even allowing for his time out injured his performances were appalling.

Check out this thread from about 5/6 weeks ago. No one had a good word to say about him. Rightly so too.

He is far from being essential for this football club.
Erm, he was unfit and brought back before he was ready.

He did indeed run the channels and chase everything down up front pre-Carlo because those were his instructions.

Carlo turned him into Inzaghi-lite and that stopped overnight. Surprise surprise, when Carlo leaves and we’re utterly and completely devoid of any service to our forwards he goes ball hunting again.

He’s not a clinical finisher, on that we agree, but the relative lack of those in general, in the 30-odd years I’ve been watching footy, speaks to how difficult it is to get one in general, let alone for 2 bob from League One.

Of the positions that may need our attention in this window, I’d say first choice ST and GK are by far our lowest priority.

Dunno. Think a striker is very important especially if Richy goes. Rondon is a about as useful as a turtle. We need someone who can bag 1on1. We focus on defenders due to seeing Keane Holgate regularly, but we forget how little we created too. While spine of the team is weak.

For me the whole spine of the team barring Pickford needs sorting. New CB, new Mc new ST. I’d rather sell DCL and keep Richy and bring in a striker that compliments Richy. But on the other hand Richy will go for a big fee if he does which obviously we can’t be unhappy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.