2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, whoa...YOU were the one admonishing me last week for not recognising his issues.

You cant have your cake and eat it.
But you are using it as a beating stick to elevate you point that we need to get rid of him, when it's plainly down to the fact you just don't like him. You act like he chose not to play and just chose not to be available.

Absolute joke of a *player.*
This club cant go into the season with that divvy as our only *striker*.

EVERYONE knows it.
How anyone makes excuses for that sham player I dont know.

A no show when we needed a striker last season.

Thank the Lord we had Richarlison or we'd have been in the Championship right now...where Calvert-Lewin really should be ploughing his trade in all honesty.
The pair of them are appalling.

FFS how does Everton Football Club have those two as its strikers going into the new season?

They've spat in the face of the fans who kept them in the division.
...but we are...because the clever people who make decisions at the club have thought they could actually rely on a player who couldn't show up for the heat of a relegation battle last season will somehow turn into Richard the Lionheart this season to lead the line.

Exactly the reason you sell whilst the price you can get is able to replace mate.

If this is a very bad one then this basically goes from 50m to 20m on his value, even a minor one for a few weeks now likely knocks off 5-10m and each reoccurring knock lowers it further
Yes but you wanted to sell Everton's only two goalscorers over the course of the last 3 seasons which I think is really strange and risky to do in the same window.

That doesn't mean I don't want Everton to go and get another striker.

But there's also not been interest in Dom. Newcastle aside. If he's fit, I think they'd come in for him later in the window. But he might now not be fit.

What are you on about?

Benitez relied on him so much that his entire rhetoric when he was defending his awful run that saw us drop to relegation candidates by January was that 'it'll be fine in the 2nd half of the season when DCL is back'

I actually agree with you, Dom's had 1 outstanding season and then the others before that were him developing. Last season was his chance to continue that good form but unfortunately he got injured, and the manager at the time made it worse by bringing him back early in training in September, against medical advice.

Dom needs to get fit and stay fit but we don't know what's happened here. What if he's gone up for a header and had an awkward landing because he's been nudged? What if it's just a sprint and something has pulled... We don't know, so we'll have to wait and see what the club say, or what Lampard says on Friday.
A club with ambitions to stay safe in this league doesn't go into a new season with this feller as its striker.

If that wasn't abundantly clear already, it should be right now.

We've got no money

Or, we have, but teams want up front payments and we need to stretch our money over 6 signings because the squad's awful

Ok mate just a question would both PSG for their young striker and Chelsea say for Gilmour take delayed payments - for PSG even a two year loan with obligation at the end for example. For Gilmour say similar to the Livoremento deal saints did.

Being broke is no obstacle to recruiting and we are kinda showing they so far.

I don't want to get carried away because it's just rumors on the nature of the injury so far, but we better be prepared to hit the market quickly here. If Dom is out for a long time again, we'll no doubt be in a relegation battle again, and I don't think we'd be so lucky this time. That's how important he is to us. Club's fault for not brining in better cover.

A club with ambitions to stay safe in this league doesn't go into a new season with this feller as its striker.

If that wasn't abundantly clear already, it should be right now.
He scored 5 in 15 games last season, 1 in 3, it's hardly awful.

But we need another striker, yes.

They have tried, and so far failed, mostly because of financial constraints.

Unfortunately, no striker was available for the initial £3.5m we paid for Dwight McNeil.

We have a history of losing main players in the build up to the game.

It's concerning how often he's getting injured these days. Would sell him if anyone is foolish enough to offer big.

Status
Not open for further replies.