2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are making reference to another poster and how they 'seem to hate certain players' so what, why do people have to like all the players?
No they don't have to like all players but off the back of a good draw against City away yesterday the majority of their posts have been criticisms of Coleman and Calvert Lewin. Both who did a job yesterday.

Strange behaviour when we secured a very good point in a game that most would have thought we would take nothing from.

No they don't have to like all players but off the back of a good draw against City away yesterday the majority of their posts have been criticisms of Coleman and Calvert Lewin. Both who did a job yesterday.

Strange behaviour when we secured a very good point in a game that most would have thought we would take nothing from.

You are correct.

Like Calvert Lewin didnt have a great game and is clearly rusty, but his presence helped us enormously. When he went off, we got penned back and couldnt get out.

Watched the game again this morning in full. Those minutes on the pitch for Dominic Calvert-Lewin would have done him the world of good. If he can keep away from injuries, which is not easy based on recent history but not impossible, we will have a real asset for the second half of the season. Still need backup in the January window though ;)
Back up will be Ellis !!

Watched the game again this morning in full. Those minutes on the pitch for Dominic Calvert-Lewin would have done him the world of good. If he can keep away from injuries, which is not easy based on recent history but not impossible, we will have a real asset for the second half of the season. Still need backup in the January window though ;)
If he stays fit, he will score goals, we'll be a greater attacking threat in general and as a result others will score goals too. Emphasis on if!

The problem is that I have little faith in Dom playing the rest of the season without suffering some form of muscular injury, although I hope I'm wrong.

As a result, we need to be looking beyond a mere backup, due to the signing and Maupay possibly needing to lead the line and get those vital goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back