2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes me about two years.

Seriously though, I dont get the feeling he has been playing with the hand break off. He is minding himself. Wasn´t he coming back from three simultaneous injuries?

If we had a decent bench, he probably would have been given a longer period of rehabilitation.

Needs must, I suppose.
The never ending cycle of DCL gets hurt -> results drop -> DCL gets rushed back from injury way too quickly -> results drop is impossible to avoid when your recruitment team refuse to sign an adequate replacement like the plague.

Although this is good news, it’s a real concern that a 25 year old has to be managed day to day and so differently in terms of how hard & often he can train.

If Dyche is beasting them in training to improve their fitness, it’s frustrating that he probably can’t cope with that intensity so presumably he’s on a different program, but also quite concerning if he is involved in the same sessions in terms of him potentially breaking down again.

Feels like a no win situation for him & us

Although this is good news, it’s a real concern that a 25 year old has to be managed day to day and so differently in terms of how hard & often he can train.

If Dyche is beasting them in training to improve their fitness, it’s frustrating that he probably can’t cope with that intensity so presumably he’s on a different program, but also quite concerning if he is involved in the same sessions in terms of him potentially breaking down again.

Feels like a no win situation for him & us

And it will show on the pitch. The rest will be dyche standard training session fit. He wont be.
I hope this doesnt come back to bite us on the arse in May. This is where the inadequacies of the board and DOF really hit home. Putting all your eggs in the one basket of an injury prone striker.

The never ending cycle of Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets hurt -> results drop -> Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets rushed back from injury way too quickly -> results drop is impossible to avoid when your recruitment team refuse to sign an adequate replacement like the plague.
You also have to question the physio/rehab set ups we’ve had over the last few years. It’s easy to assume that the board appearing to enjoy signing bad crocks on long term contracts is the problem but we get more than our fair share of persistent injuries.

Given that Dyche’s ethos is to have all players run their plums off from kick off to final whistle, then you’d hope his fitness team are going to sort out some of the malingerers.

But, yeah, we deffo need more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.