2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simms, Simms that's it. I won't forget his name in future. I wonder is there any hope in him? He has to be more of a goal threat than Maupay otherwise we could be in deep doo doo. Simms is his name, repeat after me.....

Out of contract I meant. There must be someone who offers more than Simms evidently does
There was one...but he prefers to warm up the spurs bench instead...not having a goalscorer knowing fair well the situation with dcl is a dereliction of duty from our board. They have been gambling on dcl to be fit since the summer and the guy has constant issues with his harmstring. Had nearly 2 months off to get fit, yet still issues...

Simms, Simms that's it. I won't forget his name in future. I wonder is there any hope in him? He has to be more of a goal threat than Maupay otherwise we could be in deep doo doo. Simms is his name, repeat after me.....
To be fair it's difficult to be worst than maupay...Simms should start and dcl used as an impact substitute until the end of the season. We need dcl as an option for the remaining matches. We can't afford for him to be injured and miss bug chunk of what's left of the season

Do we know if that was an in-game report from him, or a pre-match thing that was deemed worth a 60 minute risk?

I only ask because it being a round 60 minutes has the feel of it possibly being pre-planned.
Both I think. Dyche definitely said he felt the tightness in the week and something to the effect of “it was a bit of a risk but his physical markers were all good etc etc”.

But then he defo felt it before the corner. Hopefully not an expensive gamble. It did pay off in the sense that he got us and kept us up the pitch well to ease the pressure on the players and in the stadium. He’ll end up one of those that barely trains and relies on his natural physique and fitness to play matches. Hopefully Dyche has brought someone in on the medical side that asks what in Gods name have you lunatics been doing with his rehab for 18 months, and has a different approach.

Simms is a Championship level CF.

Dont know what possessed us to have recalled him - would have kept him in at Sunderland to keep scoring and attract enough interest to sell him for a few quid this coming summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.