2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I understand he was taken off because he reported a ‘tight hamstring’. As soon as that sensation is felt, Dominic Calvert-Lewin did exactly the right thing. It’s the way his career will likely be blighted.
Do we know if that was an in-game report from him, or a pre-match thing that was deemed worth a 60 minute risk?

I only ask because it being a round 60 minutes has the feel of it possibly being pre-planned.

Do we know if that was an in-game report from him, or a pre-match thing that was deemed worth a 60 minute risk?

I only ask because it being a round 60 minutes has the feel of it possibly being pre-planned.

….I can’t see it being anything other than an in-game report.

You wouldn’t start a game with a tight hammy as you’d have to play in 2nd gear to protect it from popping. From what I saw, he was full-on when he was on the pitch. I expect muscle fatigue from the effort he put in along with a few stretches & sprints were the cause.

I noticed Gueye suffering late on, they all put a shift in. If DCL ‘pulled up’ then he has to be a doubt for Monday.

I think he’ll be retired in the next 2 years.

That gives Bill and our recruitment team two more years to find another strik... Oh well hopefully Maupay improves.
Shows again how shambolic our January transfer window has just been, they should all together bow their heads in shame.
Wonder if we will ever get an explanation off our Chairman and board ?

putting the one that Onana put across the box as a sitter is harsh for me, he just couldn't get there.

The near post header across goal, not a sitter in anyway, difficult header that, should have done better.

Doucoure's header was the cleanest of the chances and should have done better.

Not a Dominic Calvert-Lewin fan really as he doesn't have any conviction in his shooting, but to label those two as sitters seems unfair to me.
I think overall that was probably our best move of the game, so not to score from it is disappointing. There was an opportunity for Onana to release it earlier when Dom was in space in the box; perhaps that would have been the better option idk..

Critical that Dom gets fit, not that he is any kind of great scorer. Dyche can and will make us hard to beat, but few goals can be expected from this lot, either midfield or so called strikers. Maupay is useless as a target man and as a goalscorer. Maybe a miracle can be worked on the lad from Sunderland.

Thing is he’s not just coming back is he. He’s been playing regularly since New Year’s Eve, he should be fit by now. It doesn’t take players two months to work their way back up to fitness.
It takes me about two years.

Seriously though, I dont get the feeling he has been playing with the hand break off. He is minding himself. Wasn´t he coming back from three simultaneous injuries?

If we had a decent bench, he probably would have been given a longer period of rehabilitation.

Needs must, I suppose.

Critical that Dom gets fit, not that he is any kind of great scorer. Dyche can and will make us hard to beat, but few goals can be expected from this lot, either midfield or so called strikers. Maupay is useless as a target man and as a goalscorer. Maybe a miracle can be worked on the lad from Sunderland.
What lad from Sunderland? If you mean Simms, he was always our player.

Status
Not open for further replies.