2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow blue just told me that Rooney played 5 World Cup games with a torn groin and didn't tell anyone...its about heart and with him he's got absolutely zero...he's been absolutely molly coddled to the point that slightest thing with him means time on the sideline.

Am absolutely sick of him.....if you told him he had to run up and down Paris catwalk for 90 minute he'd more than happy to oblige.

I've got a lot of sympathy for the guy after the injuries he's had and I can't blame him if he's now super-sensitive to any sensations that could indicate injury, but I do wonder if these "feelings of discomfort" are any worse than most players / athletes regularly experience and mostly ignore. Maybe it's harsh, but feels like he needs to get over the mental hurdle of playing hurt.

How many managers have we had now that have overlooked him though? It can't be a good sign.
We've only had two managers since he turned 20. As it happens, they are two of the worst managers we've ever had so I wouldn't put too much store in their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.