2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club should come out and tell us what the issue is tbh. They aren’t helping the situation with this radio silence.
The club are generally rubbish at communicating but in this case I think they've been pretty consistent with the messaging. For a few months now the line has been that they're taking it slowly with him - that he isn't necessarily 'injured' in the way we might usually expect, but he's not currently in a position to play and they won't pick him until he believes he is. I'm not sure what they can realistically add to that.

The club are generally rubbish at communicating but in this case I think they've been pretty consistent with the messaging. For a few months now the line has been that they're taking it slowly with him - that he isn't necessarily 'injured' in the way we might usually expect, but he's not currently in a position to play and they won't pick him until he believes he is. I'm not sure what they can realistically add to that.

That doesn’t tell us anything. That’s just saying “he’s not playing because he’s not playing”. All that does is cause ridiculous debates on here about if he’s sufficiently depressed or paid enough to play football or not. They haven’t told us why he’s been out for 9 weeks without being injured.

It’s the same over and over in here.

Armchair experts lacking in empathy slamming him without any understanding of what he’s going through.

The simple truth is none of us know the extent of his mental health problems. But why you wouldn’t give a guy who has admitted to struggling the benefit of the doubt is beyond me.

Because too many people are tosspots who think empathy is a sign of weakness

That doesn’t tell us anything. That’s just saying “he’s not playing because he’s not playing”. All that does is cause ridiculous debates on here about if he’s sufficiently depressed or paid enough to play football or not. They haven’t told us why he’s been out for 9 weeks without being injured.
I mean I used the word realistically for a reason. While I appreciate that there are some weirdos who would like the club to release his entire medical records so they can decide whether he's shirking or not, or who can't sleep at night because the question of why Calvert Lewin didn't play for Everton away at Nottingham Forest is the most important thing in the world and they won't rest until they get an answer, back in the real world the club aren't really able to tell you anything other than 'he's not playing again on saturday' on a week by week basis.

Hardly just the online contingent of supporters who would like to see Dom play again and would perhaps like a bit more info on the reasons why he can't

I'm sure many match going supporters might like some more detailed communication as well

But they still just don't care. It's not like banners and protests are happening over the ambiguity on his status. We ask every week in the presser, Dyche updates, that's it.

If he's injured then that's all we need to know, if it's a mental thing then I am glad they're not putting any sort of comms out - not really sure he'd want all that airing.

That's completely not the same thing. Are you bored at work today? Seem to be writing posts for the sake of it.

What are you going on about? They have stopped attending the games because the fans have “allegedly” typed mean words about them on the internet, so obviously they care about what the fans write on the internet?

What are you going on about? They have stopped attending the games because the fans have “allegedly” typed mean words about them on the internet, so obviously they care about what the fans write on the internet?

But they don't care about a small section of online fans whinging about Dom on a football forum.

How is that remotely similar to them hiding from matches because of supposed online abuse directed at them.

It's only just dinner time and this is the second dumb convo you've tried to have with me today.

But they don't care about a small section of online fans whinging about Dom on a football forum.

How is that remotely similar to them hiding from matches because of supposed online abuse directed at them.

It's only just dinner time and this is the second dumb convo you've tried to have with me today.

Think you might need to go and grab some lunch because you appear a bit pissy and antsy this afternoon.

Or I'm curious why you aren't engaging your brain today. You're usually alright.

I don’t think it’s a particularly controversial take to think the club should try to engage with its fanbase. I know you’re unusually protective over DCL but this is me questioning the football club, not him.

I don’t think it’s a particularly controversial take to think the club should try to engage with its fanbase. I know you’re unusually protective over Dominic Calvert-Lewin but this is me questioning the football club, not him.

I agree with the bold just not about this. Like do you honestly think the club cares if fans are shouting "WHERE IS HE TELL US"? They don't care about most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.