2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He's had clear cut opportunities and absolutely ballsed every single one of them. Feel like Im taking crazy pills seeing you and GOT defending him constantly. Is slating him going to do any good? No. But acknowledging he is absolutely crap at one of the most important parts of his job isn't really going over the top, is it?
I havent defended him.

Ive said hes in very poor form, he was better at the fundamentals today, but still miles off his best.

As for slating him, fans in the crowd today were screaming abuse at him, again.

Its quite clear hes not a clinical Striker, I dont think ive ever claimed he is.

He had 1 chance today, he should have slotted.

When he had his purple patch, I always pointed out that his goals were always bundled in from a yard out. To which the usual suspects on here would tell me that they all still count the same.

The point though, was that he isn’t a good finisher. And relying on a striker that isn’t a good finisher will always bite u on the arse.

He's missed about six or seven chances that even average players should be scoring 85% of the time. But that theory, given he's an average player, he should have about 5 additional goals this season, but has fluffed chance after chance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_194003_Sky Sports.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_194003_Sky Sports.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 9

I havent defended him.

Ive said hes in very poor form, he was better at the fundamentals today, but still miles off his best.

As for slating him, fans in the crowd today were screaming abuse at him, again.

Its quite clear hes not a clinical Striker, I dont think ive ever claimed he is.

He had 1 chance today, he should have slotted.
You've literally said "to say he can't finish is silly". When you ABSOLUTELY need others to create your chance to finish and yet you still can't, it's kind of clear you aren't good at finishing. He doesn't create for himself so, when he gets those one chances, he needs to be a hell of a lot better of a finisher than he has been his entire career.

You've literally said "to say he can't finish is silly". When you ABSOLUTELY need others to create your chance to finish and yet you still can't, it's kind of clear you aren't good at finishing. He doesn't create for himself so, when he gets those one chances, he needs to be a hell of a lot better of a finisher than he has been his entire career.
Theres a world of difference between clinical and cant finish.

A Striker doesnt score 50 Premier League goals if they cant finish.

If they cant finish, surely, by definition they have zero goals?

Anyway, enjoy the Witch Hunt.

it's clear and proven he is not a finisher. he can scrap goals in the 6 years box and is decent with his head but is lacking badly in areas. he will never be a top team player but he isn't woeful. beto is the other option we have and there isn't much between them. dcl prob doesn't deserve starting position in current form. maybe a change to beto and dcl coming on.

Nope, 13 games without a goal is playing in a side that creates VERY little and a poor run of form.
Not sure why you’re defending him goat. He’s had 4 or 5 clear chances in that run and missed them all. When does form become just not being very good at slotting? Because he’s not and never has been.