2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I didn’t say DCL deserves anything.

But saying those guys do isn’t correct, they’re in training, they get minutes on the pitch.

In Betos case in particular, it seems you get the same goal scoring without all the big chance misses or headers won. Doesn’t sound like a recipe for success
Bit harsh on beto. He has hardly had the same chances that Calvert lewin has.

1000009505.png

Bit harsh on beto. He has hardly had the same chances that Calvert lewin has.

View attachment 246579
The guys best pass of the season was when he tripped over the ball last night.

Not everyone deserves an equal chance. His whole game is predicated on him being bigger and faster than his defender. Might work in Italy, still could work here, but it’s much tougher in the PL.

If dyche will move Ashley Young to any position on the pitch just to give him game time, then I can't imagine him dropping dcl.
Mcneil and garner have been shocking these past games as well but they won't be dropped either.

I’ve done the stats previously for DCL in terms of mins per goal as a CF. He is in a bad run now but generally, his career stats are decent for someone signed for 1.5m. (A month ago is was a goal every 2.6 games).

It’s his 8th season as a Prem forward and he’s scored 50. He’s a poor finisher that had a purple patch of tap ins.

Also you can’t say he scored every 2.6 games because it’s not true. Might have scored every 230 minutes on the pitch, but that’s not the same thing.

Last edited:
It’s his 8th season as a Prem forward and he’s scored 50. He’s a poor finisher that had a purple patch of tap ins.

Also you can’t say he scored every 2.6 games because it’s not true. Might have scored every 230 minutes on the pitch, but that’s not the same thing.
👏

kind of the point I had been making, when someone else was commenting about Beto only playing the equivalent of 6 games etc.