2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I thought he had his best game for a while today. I can understand people saying that his goal was lucky, but, he had obviously seen something in the keeper that made him pressure him. When he charged down the clearance for the goal, he had already charged down two previous clearance attempts from the keeper. I wonder if it was luck or spotting a weakness in an opponent and exploiting it.

FFS Joey.....Fluke of the season. Not a goal to brag about. I am happy we have won but we are is this predicament due to DCL being garbo all season. Let us not hail as a hero for a pen and a goalkeeping mistake. We are where we are due to lack of goals
It's not really a fluke though is it, it's exactly what he is aiming to achieve in that situation. It happens rarely but it's the reward you get for the 499 other times you close that down and don't get a touch on it. He's earned the luck, working hard to win a ball with seconds to go in the half.

Worked incredibly hard, made a couple of other decent chances for himself, he got my MOTM.

Branthwaite was also excellent but he was up against a very limited forward line.

DCL had to make his own chances because no one else was going to.

Should have scored that chance he made for himself. Did really well and would have looked fantastic if the keeper had bought the eyes, and probably does that every day in training keeping the keepers guessing. But would have loved him to smash or finesse one towards the far post, and maybe someone gets a tap in if the keeper gets a hand to it.

Horrendous job being a striker in this current squad. Awful awful lonely drudgery. Liked his performance today. Would still have given him a polite ripple of applause even if he hadn’t scored.