2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I think we will have so many positions to fill that are much more important, given our financial position,there will be a relatively small amount of money to spend. If Calvert Lewin is not sold this summer, I believe it will be the last position we spend cash on. I'm sure they will feel Calvert Lewin, Beto and Chermiti will be good enough.
I agree, if all three stay we probably won't strengthen. Although it would be beneficial for Chermiti to get a year on loan in the Championship, not sure what you do about that while still having a viable 3rd option.

The question mark is still what we do about DCL. One more year of his contract, and we are not in a position to have players leave for nothing. Ideally we need to renew to keep our options open. But we urgently need an actual ownership / management structure in place to start making these calls.

Great game for him last night.

But let's not forget that he rode to the rescue in that Palace game a couple of seasons ago and he followed it with another season of patchy form.

We don't score enough. That's the bottom line. DCL and Beto aren't going to get us comfortably safe next season by Easter, which should be our measuring rod. I've no idea about Chermiti's capability but I think it's asking a lot for him to step up. We need to shake it up in that department.
Clueless. It’s the style of football we play that’s the issue not the attacking options. A team that’s coached to surrender 70% possession each game and relies on corners and free kicks to score will always struggle.

Clueless. It’s the style of football we play that’s the issue not the attacking options. A team that’s coached to surrender 70% possession each game and relies on corners and free kicks to score will always struggle.

Do you not think part of the reason why we deploy the style of football we have, is the lack of attacking options? We'd scored the least in the league prior to Dyche coming - and so it's not a new thing.

If we're expansive, the lack of pace in the team kills us. We pushed high against Chelsea and we all saw the consequence of it.

Beto playing off the shoulder with space in behind/would look better in a Crystal Palace type team.

Calvert-Lewin in any team with full backs or wingers who can deliver a ball would score more too.

We desperately need a few players with pace/quality in the final third.

The best number 9 performance I've seen for literally decades.
Magnificent from DCL.

He has worked his socks off for this club over the last few seasons and last night he got his just rewards.

Special mention also to our 12th man the fans - the RS players just couldn't seem to get used to that atmosphere at all.
Love the guy.

Dom has worked his socks off all season and he was worthy of wearing that famous number 9 jersey last night.

Last edited:
You'd think personally he'd be chomping at the bit to start next game after that performance, beat Brentford at home and we are safe so who are we resting him for?
He looked absolutely done in though its not about just giving him a rest for the sake of it its about what you can realistically get out of him 3 days after he's played a full throttle 90 minutes with a strapped up knee and a sickness bug.

….a totally pragmatic and effective manager working with the players at his disposal. Some of the stuff being played before the deduction was actually decent given the lack of quality in the squad.