2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

But anyway, I love Dom, I have said many times, hes everything I look for in a Number 9, tall, wins headers all day and he slots.

This season has been a bit up and down for him.

Hes finally managed to stay fit and IMO he was vital to us staying up, not just him, but his goals and his performances 100% kept us up.

He went a long time without a goal, there is no hiding from that and at times he did miss a few guilt edge chances, but I do feel as tho he was mostly starved of service. I suppose when you get 1 chance, you are meant to take them at this level, fair enough. But even in games he didnt score in, he contributed.

Hes ended the season very well and I suppose its TBD if he signs a new contract, is sold or the least best option, he enters the final year of his contract.

I think my thoughts on this matter are pretty clear, we would be foolish not to get him signed up and then in the Summer try and get him the tools needed to succeed and for the team to succeed.

They are my final words, for now.

In Dom we Trust.

Get him at least 1 Fullback, 1 Winger and a midfielder who can thread a ball and he could hit 30 goals next season.

Little bit OTT. He was very good for a year under Carlo but even then the ratio was just about one in two so that was peak DCL.

Would need two very good cup runs for him even to get over 20 as you're talking a Haaland scoring ratio if it's better.

Chris wood. 17m. Scored more than calvert lewin.
You didnt need to beg.

Adebayo would be in 15m range so I think that's someone who can hit double figures with his style and be a good fit for Dycheball.

Ideally he's replace Beto though and be another option (Luton have played him and Morris together plenty of times so he can play in a pair no problem).

Adebayo would be in 15m range so I think that's someone who can hit double figures with his style and be a good fit for Dycheball.

Ideally he's replace Beto though and be another option (Luton have played him and Morris together plenty of times so he can play in a pair no problem).

Truth is there are strikers who are out there who would do a job just as good as calvert lewin around that price range.
Obviously the world revolves around him for a few on here.
But back in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back