2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given his propensity to breakdown I can't see him trying too hard next season. If he's running down his contract he will be looking after himself, not doing anything to risk his bumper pay day.

Just want him gone now. At this point best for all parties if he moves on sooner rather than later.
Why would you think that. He has played through injuries to his own detriment. He was boo’d off after breaking his cheekbone.

Honestly, tough crowd

Why would you think that. He has played through injuries to his own detriment. He was boo’d off after breaking his cheekbone.

Honestly, tough crowd
To answer your question.

If he's running down, his priority is on his next contract, not his current club.

Now, those two will occasionally align. Play well = get better offers.

However, he will be holding back so as not to risk any offers through injury. If he signs a pre contract in Jan he won't give a sheet about Everton.

Truth is I would like a no.9 who is talked about because of his goals, not his outfits.

To answer your question.

If he's running down, his priority is on his next contract, not his current club.

Now, those two will occasionally align. Play well = get better offers.

However, he will be holding back so as not to risk any offers through injury. If he signs a pre contract in Jan he won't give a sheet about Everton.

Truth is I would like a no.9 who is talked about because of his goals, not his outfits.
I have no doubt of his commitment to the cause. Have never seen him not committed and don’t expect this to change.

Re other comments I will ignore them

Wonder who would do that
If he's walking about in a skirt whilst still not scoring in umpteen games he will look a bit silly TBH.

Not as silly as people who defend a non-goal scoring striker, in a skirt...

TBH.

The clique sticks together, unsurprisingly.

Happy for Dom to sign a contract, if he delivers on the pitch rather than fannying around off it in a skirt.

Happy for the club to cash in if he won't.

Can't be letting a commodity leave for nothing.

35M for skirt boy?!

Snap their hand off!

@NoteToSelf

Surely the magnificent Callum Wilson should be attracting far more top level interest?
I'd happily keep him at Newcastle to the end of his contract. He's definitely still good enough to play in the Premier League for at least one more season, maybe two with the right players around him. That said, he'll want some certainty and I can't see him getting an extension at Newcastle.

One or two seasons could be long enough for Beto and Chermiti to find their feet...but considering Evertons recent experience with older strikers past their prime (*cough* Rondon) I wouldn't blame you for being underwhelmed.
For a low cost transfer, I think Everton could do worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back