2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought it was a strange choice or words.

But yes, its something I said at the end of the season, if he wont sign a new contract, he must be sold, this fanbase hates him already, with only 12months left the abuse would be quite disgusting if he went 5minutes without a goal or didnt run around at full pelt for 90minutes.

God forbid he picked up a minor injury and had to go off.

Leaving is without question the best decision he could make.
Not really, you've never heard the saying that a player needs 'binning off'? It's nothing personal, I would rather see him stay tbh, most sensible fans can see we're a far better team with him in the 11, we just can't afford to miss out on 30ish mill of pure profit.

I'm sure he'll be bought now that its public knowledge that he wants to leave, could you imagine if he ends up staying without signing a extension? That would make things very toxic.

i think maupay, mcneil and harrison could work

embarrassed-sad.gif

I rate DCL, but let's be honest. Even as a good fit for our scheme he only scored 7 in 33 last season.

Does it suck we have to find a new number 9; yes. But if the 30 mil quoted is real, we should be able to get someone in to do the same job.

30 mil would be a steal with less than a year left on his contract.
Considering we struggled to score so badly last season, I think we're long overdue some changes to the front line. Its the best thing for all parties I think.

30m makes a mockery of their valuation of Branthwaite. It indicates that Calvert Lewin would go for £50m+ if he had longer on his contract, which I doubt anyone would even consider paying based on the last two season. I'd be surprised if it reaches 30m to be honest. £15-20m.

He's ok but not irreplaceable

Incredibly poor from him I’m afraid if that’s true. If he wants to leave then I’d happily see him go, frankly it would just be about getting a price for him as he’s scored about 5 goals in 5 years at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back