2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He's isn't a top player and never will be, but he's perfectly decent.

Also, it isn't an insult to suggest that he's responding positively to the club attempting to move on from him.
To be fair, he has been at a point where only Harry Kane stopped him from being Englands number 9, and every chance he got for his country he took. Decent is very harsh. Unreliable definately. Decent? No evidence at all that his efforts are any different now Beto is here than when he was perma-crocked. None at all.

To be fair, he has been at a point where only Harry Kane stopped him from being Englands number 9, and every chance he got for his country he took. Decent is very harsh. Unreliable definately. Decent? No evidence at all that his efforts are any different now Beto is here than when he was perma-crocked. None at all.
He was in and around the England squad for a bit, but was that not when Vardy retired and Wilson was on his arse with injuries? I'm not sure what other competition there was at that time; maybe Abraham?

I don't know what else to call him. He's a decent target man who can hold the ball up, but not exactly Teddy Sheringham.

I think that a combination of ;
1) Dyche getting all players , not just him , properly fit
2) Some proper competition , and a proper rotation player , when not playing alongside him in Beto , and,
3) Him actually being "not crocked"

Has actually resurrected his career.

Knowing how much 1, 2 and 3 have effected this would be fascinating.

Long may it last !

Dom got such a huge lift from 4 and a half thousand blues singing his name and shouting words of encouragement to him.

Some blues used to see him as a prima donna, but he is just a young man who has been desperately unlucky with both his physical and also his mental health.

His commitment to the cause is akin to that of the great Dave Hickson, a man who I had the privilege to meet many times. Just look at how he went in for that challenge during that PL game at Villa, a challenge that left his face in tatters.

His goals will keep us up this season in defiance of the anti-Everton media.

If, and unfortunately it is a big if, DCL stays fit for the remainder of the season we definitely stay up

….thats become increasingly obvious with seeing how well the team perform when he’s fit and firing. It also shows how superior he is to Beto.

Still a bit to do when he won that ball on the half-way line, a lovely and composed dink to put him clear of the defender and kept his cool with the finish.