2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Great game for him last night.

But let's not forget that he rode to the rescue in that Palace game a couple of seasons ago and he followed it with another season of patchy form.

We don't score enough. That's the bottom line. DCL and Beto aren't going to get us comfortably safe next season by Easter, which should be our measuring rod. I've no idea about Chermiti's capability but I think it's asking a lot for him to step up. We need to shake it up in that department.

I think it was important for him and I hope he will galvanize to become a 10+ goal scorer next season. Was bit worried after his first chance after 5-6 min, but had a good game yesterday.

But let's not forget that he rode to the rescue in that Palace game a couple of seasons ago and he followed it with another season of patchy form.

We don't score enough. That's the bottom line. DCL and Beto aren't going to get us comfortably safe next season by Easter, which should be our measuring rod. I've no idea about Chermiti's capability but I think it's asking a lot for him to step up. We need to shake it up in that department.

I don't disagree, but without the financial tools to do that, it's difficult

I think what we might be better off doing is looking for players in wide and midfield areas who are more likely to contribute goals

The other bit on DCL - he's largely managed to stay fit this season, but he's had a dreadful time in front of goal. Over the last 4 or 5 seasons, that hasn't always been the case so he probably deserves a chance next season to see if he can reverse his fortunes on that front

He needs better players around him. His best season was under Carlo when we had Sig, James, and Digne who can all put a ball inn and have vision. We don’t have anybody like that now other than Gomes.

It needs looking at and anyone who wants to brush it under the carpet can do so. Our two main strikers are still not even into double figures between them.

He was very very good last night, pretty much back to what he was before his big quad tear a couple of years ago. He has been showing steady improvement for the past month or so, I wonder if, after his relatively injury free season, he is finally beginning to trust his body again and is pushing himself to the max, rather than holding a bit back to protect himself. Prolonged periods of injury can be huge psychological problem. Hopefully he goes on a streak for the last few games.

IMG_8740.jpeg

He was very very good last night, pretty much back to what he was before his big quad tear a couple of years ago. He has been showing steady improvement for the past month or so, I wonder if, after his relatively injury free season, he is finally beginning to trust his body again and is pushing himself to the max, rather than holding a bit back to protect himself. Prolonged periods of injury can be huge psychological problem. Hopefully he goes on a streak for the last few games.
Maybe. But I don't think we can place too much expectation on that. The last 3 seasons has taught us to expect a lot of time out of the team through injury or poor finishing.

Sentiment should't play a part in our recruitment this summer. If Dyche doesn't bring in another attacker at that point he's not doing his job.

We need another attacker and a FB, minimum, this summer.