2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

….a totally pragmatic and effective manager working with the players at his disposal. Some of the stuff being played before the deduction was actually decent given the lack of quality in the squad.
Okay
Do you not think part of the reason why we deploy the style of football we have, is the lack of attacking options? We'd scored the least in the league prior to Dyche coming - and so it's not a new thing.

If we're expansive, the lack of pace in the team kills us. We pushed high against Chelsea and we all saw the consequence of it.

Beto playing off the shoulder with space in behind/would look better in a Crystal Palace type team.

Calvert-Lewin in any team with full backs or wingers who can deliver a ball would score more too.

We desperately need a few players with pace/quality in the final third.
no I don’t as the attacking options brought in by the Dyche fit a profile.. they play with a defensive intention! The full backs don’t pass the half way line. A number 10 that can’t put his foot on the ball or pass but has legs to track back.. It’s the way the team sets up it’s an attacking players nightmare! Dyche isn’t looking for pace and quality he’s looking discipline

Okay

no I don’t as the attacking options brought in by the Dyche fit a profile.. they play with a defensive intention! The full backs don’t pass the half way line. A number 10 that can’t put his foot on the ball or pass but has legs to track back.. It’s the way the team sets up it’s an attacking players nightmare! Dyche isn’t looking for pace and quality he’s looking discipline

….from what I remember Dyche didn’t bring Mykolenko in, a player who apparently has failed to provide an assist in his time here regardless of manager. I remember when Dyche’s Burnley beat us at Turf Moor the season they got relegated and their left back tore us apart. Not sure if he scored but he kept going past Kenny like he was stuck in treacle and was involved in a few of their goals.

Dyche has had to work with what he’s got and he’s got full backs who are largely ineffective at putting the ball into the box. I’m sure he’d love ‘pace and quality’ in his squad. Anyway, this is the DCL thread and it was great to see him back to his old self the other night.

….from what I remember Dyche didn’t bring Mykolenko in, a player who apparently has failed to provide an assist in his time here regardless of manager. I remember when Dyche’s Burnley beat us at Turf Moor the season they got relegated and their left back tore us apart. Not sure if he scored but he kept going past Kenny like he was stuck in treacle and was involved in a few of their goals.

Dyche has had to work with what he’s got and he’s got full backs who are largely ineffective at putting the ball into the box. I’m sure he’d love ‘pace and quality’ in his squad. Anyway, this is the DCL thread and it was great to see him back to his old self the other night.
Absolutely phenomenal on Wednesday evening. His best performance this season.

Okay

It's a mix of both.

Okay

Not entirely true. The fullbacks get forward at the right moment but they're not the focus on attacks.

Do you recall Myko at the start of the season? 2 goals, could've had a couple more by getting into the box? He's had 26 shots this season so far. More than Robertson, Digne, Gvadiol, Kiwor (the top 4 or 5 clubs).

Pace is an issue but this idea of overlapping fullbacks and focusing attacks with them seems be a trend that teams are moving away from. Those players mentioned barely have 2 assists or goals each

Setting to one side what you think of this lad's all round game, just think of some the vitally important goals he's got over the last 3 seasons to keep us up.

He seems a decent fella, a model pro and always gives his all. He should be loved by us all. Sadly though, some would rather point score on a forum than acknowledge this.

Setting to one side what you think of this lad's all round game, just think of some the vitally important goals he's got over the last 3 seasons to keep us up.

He seems a decent fella, a model pro and always gives his all. He should be loved by us all. Sadly though, some would rather point score on a forum than acknowledge this.
Spot on, mate.

Jealousy and self loathing are unpleasant traits to witness on GOT. Sadly even Everton has a smattering of bedwetters and INCELs, and our Dom is just too much for them to cope with.

Not entirely true. The fullbacks get forward at the right moment but they're not the focus on attacks.

Do you recall Myko at the start of the season? 2 goals, could've had a couple more by getting into the box? He's had 26 shots this season so far. More than Robertson, Digne, Gvadiol, Kiwor (the top 4 or 5 clubs).

Pace is an issue but this idea of overlapping fullbacks and focusing attacks with them seems be a trend that teams are moving away from. Those players mentioned barely have 2 assists or goals each

Sorry Dad

I'm so proud of the lad.

He has worked his socks off for this club this season in a very difficult role.

That performance against the RS was worthy of that famous number 9 jersey.

No he hasnt. He hasnt made an impact in months. The game against liverpool is what he should be doing most weeks. Making life hard for centre halves. Go back through this thread for the whole season and hardly anyone is praising him for working his socks off.
Turned up in the derby, but he's had a crap season. No point in lying.
String a few performances together like wednesday would be a good start.