2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

No he hasnt. He hasnt made an impact in months. The game against liverpool is what he should be doing most weeks. Making life hard for centre halves. Go back through this thread for the whole season and hardly anyone is praising him for working his socks off.
Turned up in the derby, but he's had a crap season. No point in lying.
String a few performances together like wednesday would be a good start.
I mean, let’s not pretend he doesn’t work hard. Yes he hasn’t scored so hasn’t had the impact that way, but he always works hard.

He has won the most aerial duels in the league this year which would suggest we punt it long to him a lot. But we then don’t have the pace to get up to support him so it ends up coming back at us.

….i’m sure the issues impact the whole staff and fans. Dyche will be aware of things more than most and has to try and keep the playing side focused on playing but the players no longer play with freedom, the crowd becomes tense and nervous. It’s a viscous cycle, Rooney hinted at it last night when he said ‘I know how difficult it is to manage a side with points deducted’.

Anyway, this is the DCL thread we can have Dyche discussion when safety is confirmed.
Not sure how viscous it is. It's definitely vicious though.

I mean, let’s not pretend he doesn’t work hard. Yes he hasn’t scored so hasn’t had the impact that way, but he always works hard.

He has won the most aerial duels in the league this year which would suggest we punt it long to him a lot. But we then don’t have the pace to get up to support him so it ends up coming back at us.

He's been dropped in the last few months for a good reason.
As with any Everton player i'd like to see more than just one performance before stating things that simply havent happened.

Started all but 3 games since December but ok.

Not scoring doesn’t mean not working hard.

What have I stated that “simply havent happened”?

So he has been dropped even though Evertons options are poor. I didnt state how many times. Dropped because he hasnt been cutting it. I also didnt state not scoring is linked.
Go through this thread and see how many posted he's done really well but just not scored. There is very little.
I dont know why you just cant say he's had a poor season without people feeling obliged to contest it. As he clearly hasnt.

So he has been dropped even though Evertons options are poor. I didnt state how many times. Dropped because he hasnt been cutting it. I also didnt state not scoring is linked.
Go through this thread and see how many posted he's done really well but just not scored. There is very little.
I dont know why you just cant say he's had a poor season without people feeling obliged to contest it. As he clearly hasnt.
You lost.

Dom won.

We accept your surrender.
r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg

Here is a picture that explains just how much you lost.

Half way to double figures

I think it was important for him and I hope he will galvanize to become a 10+ goal scorer next season. Was bit worried after his first chance after 5-6 min, but had a good game yesterday.

Hopefully he can get another goal or two before the end of the season. If he can go into next season fit with a full season behind him there's no reason why he can't score something like 10-12 league goals.

His performance last night was everything you want from a number 9.

Takes him up to 7 goals for the season (6 in the league)... It'd be great to see him push to 10 goals for the season and have a good summer break to have him fresh and fully trusting his body again after all of his injury setbacks.

I rate DCL and he by far and away our best number 9. He is not going to play for England again though.

I want him to bang in a shed load next season though (and get to 10 this season!!)

See my post at the top?

How they all laughed at me...

...4 goals to go DCL...4 goals to go ;)

I’m not saying he hasn’t had a poor season.

I’m disagreeing with you about the claim he hasn’t been working hard.

But you can twist me saying that into me saying he has had a good season if you want.

Again, others not saying he has done well but just not scored, doesn’t indicate how hard he has worked.