2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

It’s a shame he’s had so many injuries. He has all the attributes to be a really good striker in the Prem and an England international - just as he was a few years ago.

I think we’ll only see flashes of his potential from now on.
which is why it is mad to sell him, we need players to aid him or take the pressure off him. I reckon chermiti will be that guy if we have them both in a couple of seasons

His stats the season before that were 16 goals and you still had issues with him

Dom has had bad luck with injuries, am sure it has annoyed him even more than it has you, and managers that rushed him back too soon because we had very little cover that exacerbated those injuries. And as you highlighted in one of those comments the service to him is hardly great so I don’t think his recent stats are all of his own making.

Is there room for improvement, I think Dom would be the first to agree there is, but tbh seems a bit odd to focus on him right now when he’s scored 4 in 5 games.

No there was no issue. And thats because we were getting something out of the centre forward at the club.
Ive posted lots of times that wether it be through injury or poor form, the return of the past 3 years is reason enough to look elsewhere. I dont really care if he's frustrated about not being available. Everton have had many players down the years who have had that. Sympathy yes but its a football club at the end of the day.
As for posting now after a few good games. Well turning up at the end of the season is the point really. Are we going to be here again next season not really getting a season out of him. Pops up for a few games and yeah that'll do it. Just a couple of games a season.
Not for me. Look around at least for another option.

Reckon he changed the direction of that penalty at the last split second. Saw the keeper go and changed for the middle which is why it looked unconvincingly hit. Very common technique.

I genuinely think he was aiming for the bottom right corner. He never goes for that corner so he probably forgot that you have to set the shot outside of the post in order to actually get it in that corner. If you kick your foot towards the corner of the net it will always go down the middle.

No there was no issue. And thats because we were getting something out of the centre forward at the club.
Ive posted lots of times that wether it be through injury or poor form, the return of the past 3 years is reason enough to look elsewhere. I dont really care if he's frustrated about not being available. Everton have had many players down the years who have had that. Sympathy yes but its a football club at the end of the day.
As for posting now after a few good games. Well turning up at the end of the season is the point really. Are we going to be here again next season not really getting a season out of him. Pops up for a few games and yeah that'll do it. Just a couple of games a season.
Not for me. Look around at least for another option.
His performaces over the last few games to me have made a significant difference to our season, not least winning a derby.

Both goalkeeper and striker are particularly vulnerable to their season being greatly influenced by poor performances by the rest of the team - Pickford has been helped by having a great duo in front of him whereas I don’t think the same can be said for those behind Dom.

Here is the team behind him when we were “getting something out of the centre forward at the club”

Compare that to our current squad - wouldn’t you agree that there is a significant decrease in the quality of service to said centre forward? And a significant stylistic difference in setup/play style that might play its part too?

I agree we need better cover for him/rotation options when he is off form, with luck Chermiti can be that. And I do think for at least part of this season Dom’s finishing hasn’t been as good as it was pre-injury.

However between the service we can provide them, our current finacial woes and basket-case ownership situation I think you might also be pretty disappointed in the performance of any Dom replacements too.

His performaces over the last few games to me have made a significant difference to our season, not least winning a derby.

Both goalkeeper and striker are particularly vulnerable to their season being greatly influenced by poor performances by the rest of the team - Pickford has been helped by having a great duo in front of him whereas I don’t think the same can be said for those behind Dom.

Here is the team behind him when we were “getting something out of the centre forward at the club”

Compare that to our current squad - wouldn’t you agree that there is a significant decrease in the quality of service to said centre forward? And a significant stylistic difference in setup/play style that might play its part too?

I agree we need better cover for him/rotation options when he is off form, with luck Chermiti can be that. And I do think for at least part of this season Dom’s finishing hasn’t been as good as it was pre-injury.

However between the service we can provide them, our current finacial woes and basket-case ownership situation I think you might also be pretty disappointed in the performance of any Dom replacements too.

Decent reply. Some good points.
I'd say not scoring a single goal for 6 months also has had a significant difference to our season aswell. And it wasnt like he was playing well in that time. He was having very little impact in games. I cant think of many clubs that would entertain the idea of not a single player hitting double figures for 3 years and not look around to address it. Actualy Everton are probably one of them

Decent reply. Some good points.
I'd say not scoring a single goal for 6 months also has had a significant difference to our season aswell. And it wasnt like he was playing well in that time. He was having very little impact in games. I cant think of many clubs that would entertain the idea of not a single player hitting double figures for 3 years and not look around to address it. Actualy Everton are probably one of them
He's our Robert Rosario.

which is why it is mad to sell him, we need players to aid him or take the pressure off him. I reckon chermiti will be that guy if we have them both in a couple of seasons

What sort of contract do you give him though?

He isn't accepting a wage cut at this stage of his career as someone else in the prem would hand him a four year deal on increased salary now he's proven he can start 30 games in a season again without breaking down.

Also nowhere near the age where he'd just accept 12 month extensions to protect value.

Under the present restrictions it's a big gamble to give him a lucrative long term deal. New legitimate owners and then it's a serious option.

He isn't accepting a wage cut at this stage of his career as someone else in the prem would hand him a four year deal on increased salary now he's proven he can start 30 games in a season again without breaking down.

Also nowhere near the age where he'd just accept 12 month extensions to protect value.

Under the present restrictions it's a big gamble to give him a lucrative long term deal. New legitimate owners and then it's a serious option.
5 year contract, 100k a week, total outlay 25million.

Now please tell me we could replace him for less than that, I beg you.

we have no money you don’t sell your only good striker