2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He is a big problem. Yes, he wins neat flick ons and nice layoffs but does he ever spin into space for the return ball? Does he attack space like any half decent forward should? He rarely strikes a ball cleanly when he gets a chance on goal and for all thr talk of his link up play he never gets assists. Really can't see him improve on any of the above but can still see him picked every week regardless of form because of the myth that he's "important" for us despite about a goal in 5, no assists and very few goal attempts, no chances ever created for himself. Disaster if we're forced to hang on to him. Nobody wants him at any half decent price - it appears sections of our fan base are the only ones who rate him at all.

2022-23 season
Toney 33 games 20 goals 4 assists
DCL 17 games 2 goals 1 assists

23/24 season
Toney 17 games 4 goals and 2 assists
DCL 32 games 7 goals and 2 assists

25 might be a bit mad IMO. Toney scores goals and is worth that amount.

I mean, even across those two seasons

Toney - 30 goals & assists in 50 games
DCL - 12 goals & assists in 49 games.

He’s definitely worth less than half what Toney is. Especially if you factor in the injury record.

It's useless if he stays, he is never going to put himself about which is one of his main strengths. I'd rather take a chance on Fofana playing his hardest than Dom playing in 1st gear afraid to get injured for when he leaves on a free.

I mean, even across those two seasons

Toney - 30 goals & assists in 50 games
DCL - 12 goals & assists in 49 games.

He’s definitely worth less than half what Toney is. Especially if you factor in the injury record.
Mate, the intensity and the football played by Brentford in those season compared to what DCL was working with - one cannot compare.

?

Newcastle are not pursuing their move for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
They had been in talks with the 27-year-old but a £40m deal has proved too costly.

Newcastle United and Man United are among the clubs considering a late swoop for Everton contract rebel Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Chelsea is also a potential destination for the striker but the Blues have made their first move for Ivan Toney, who is also wanted in Saudi Arabia.

No further questions.

?

Newcastle are not pursuing their move for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
They had been in talks with the 27-year-old but a £40m deal has proved too costly.

Newcastle United and Man United are among the clubs considering a late swoop for Everton contract rebel Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Chelsea is also a potential destination for the striker but the Blues have made their first move for Ivan Toney, who is also wanted in Saudi Arabia.

No further questions.
I don’t understand where it says we have rejected any bids? Chelsea didn’t even bid for him. We have had talks with clubs and told them we value him at 25 mill and teams have ran a mile. That’s a lot different to a bid being made and rejected.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back