2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Don't get this at all. Surely him leaving on a free is the absolute last thing we want given our PSR is always ran close to the red.

15 million shouldn't make a difference at this point in terms of PSR. Even if it did, there are other ways to raise that sort of money. It's a relative pittance in relation to the calculation, and to PL revenue vs Championship revenue.

Everyone sort of accepts that Branthwaite isn't long for here, if he's sold before 6/30/25 then there will be no PSR issues for this fiscal year.

To Everton he’s worth more than what Chelsea are offering but to Chelsea they don’t need him and really see him as a 25m player due to him not been consistent. He goes to Chelsea, he’ll score more goals than he would at Everton, next summer they flog him for double. Smart business on there part.

Sadly, I’d of took it if could have got Fofana and Broja both coming in. Both not great but gives us options. It doesn’t matter who we have up top really, cos like DCL they won’t get any service either so always gonna struggle to score.

The lad doesnt want to be here, if we dont get him out the door then it will be insane.

Stop being greedy Everton, let my man be free.
Here's his maupay twitter moment

1000013609.webp

Why has it got to be all one sides fault or the other?

Reports indicated his proposed move to Newcastle broke down because they didn't meet his wage demands and the offer from the table from Everton was parity with Pickford as highest earner. The player has a right to get the best deal for him.

Simultaneously, Everton have every right to try and get as much money they can for him. Though injury prone he can be unplayable on his day. Toney is also on his last year and is going for 40 mil. I would defo say Toney is the better player but is DCL less than half as valuable as him?

Chill out everyone. Odds are Everton and Chelsea will meet in the middle somewhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back