2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Exactly this. He's not as bad as many make out, he's just not that great. A 1 in 4 striker who got worse after injury. Sadly, he's the best we've probably got, or will get, for the foreseeable.

Lets be honest. If he hadnt had that little purple patch back in 2020 would anyone be rating him so highly.
He's alright. But if i was at a club with funds and options he wouldnt be anywhere on my list. Which atm seems to be the case.

That's not how that works. Those easy chances will increase is xG, regardless of whether or not the goal goes in.

That's why if his xG is much higher than his actual goal total, he's not converting the chances at the rate he should.

In a single match, if a team's xG is higher than it's actual goals scored, then you can consider them a bit unlucky.

If it happens over a larger stretch of matches, it's probably not luck.

It's an interesting stat but it's relative to actual goals scored. And really, if you're watching a match and we miss 3 sitters and hit the bar 3-4 times, I don't need a number to tell me we're either bad at finishing or unlucky.

Misphrased it mate, I meant it drops his xg conversion rate a lot. I understand how it works

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back