2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

OF course Mike.

I need a hero, without a hero, Everton is nothing to me.

Dunno mate, you're old enough like me to remember a proper Everton striker who deserves adulation, Gray, Sharpe, Cottee and even Lineker.

DCL is just someone who stuck around a lot being below average and had one good season under possibly the best manager of the past 40 years.

They both need more competitive minutes, all the new players do, but that’s on dyche.

Ndiaye started slow and grew into it, Lindy had flashes but stamina looked an issue - both need to play.

O’Brien the same, but looked comfortable and composed. Bigger tests to come but still needs competitive minutes.

More to come from them all if he and we gives them a chance.
Totally agree with all that

We'll see by the end of the day, but I always thought it was more likely that he stays than goes, regardless of the contract.

At the moment, he's worth more to us than to another club. A 15 million fee won't adequately replace him in the short term, and we only care about the short term while Moshiri dithers.

And next season we don't have the 15m and don't have the player and still have to replace him with essentially zero money.

Main issue he has and this is reflected in stuff like xg.

He misses easy chances, that drops his xg a lot, other players boost their xg/goal stats by scoring goals they are expected not too, DCL misses easy chances and doesn't score anything from a half chance or distance or well anything really besides ones any striker should do.

That's not how that works. Those easy chances will increase is xG, regardless of whether or not the goal goes in.

That's why if his xG is much higher than his actual goal total, he's not converting the chances at the rate he should.

In a single match, if a team's xG is higher than it's actual goals scored, then you can consider them a bit unlucky.

If it happens over a larger stretch of matches, it's probably not luck.

It's an interesting stat but it's relative to actual goals scored. And really, if you're watching a match and we miss 3 sitters and hit the bar 3-4 times, I don't need a number to tell me we're either bad at finishing or unlucky.

Ive seen the bids for all the clubs I mentioned, its up to you what you believe fam.

The club thinks having the player is worth more than the buttons, thats up to them.

I kinda agree, cos as above, 15m isnt enough to replace him.

But I am really hoping hes some other fanbases problem in the next 12hours.

Please feel free to share these because nobody else has seen them.

PSR is not an issue this window.

We sold enough to cover PSR.

Is 15m enough to replace him?

Genuine question Goat.

Cover Richies wages of 90k pw, so say 5m, spurs a 6-7m loan fee.

Save on DCL (so 4m) wages and pocket 3-4m which could go towards a diwn payment on a winger or even say we just do the loan on Richy.

Would you do that?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back