2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Thats just not true.

His xG was 12, over the season, he scored 7 goals, so his xG over 38 games was 5 less.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240830-142400.webp
    Screenshot_20240830-142400.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240830-142626.webp
    Screenshot_20240830-142626.webp
    43 KB · Views: 4
all that says is he is a 1 in 4 striker but, when you factor in he has had no wingers, attacking full backs or a decent number ten, you realise those arent the worse stats.
He has had, by a country mile, the worst service of any premier league striker.

Fans just dont see it

Only he didn't, he had the tenth most xg in the league. Which shows he was getting very good chances and not taking them.

Dyche's one on one attacking strategy is probably just telling dcl to hold on to the ball as long as possible to run down the clock scoring is secondary
People think cos I dont mention it, I cant see it.

But he does need to score more goals, as I say, he should have had at least 5 more goals last season, but you are talking over a 38 game season and in that context, 5 goals isnt huge, IMO.

As ive said, moving him on is very much my ideal goal here.

Large portions of the fanbase dont rate him and some really hate him, it would be best for his career if he moved on, maybe best for Everton, cos we would be forced to try something else.

My concern is Beto, hes not a footballer.

Newcastle, United and Chelea have all bid for him, Everton have priced him out of all 3 of those moves.

Teams want him, but Everton would rather keep him than accept buttons.
Have they though ? Not seen anything confirming any bids, just some slight interest but his wage demands put them off not the fee

If we keep him we won't get any buttons next year when he leaves on a free

People think cos I dont mention I cant see it.

But he does need to score more goals, as I say, he should have had at least 5 more goals last season, but you are talking over a 38 game season and in that context, 5 goals isnt huge, IMO.

As ive said, moving him on is very much my ideal goal here.

Large portions of the fanbase dont rate him and some really hate him, it would be best for his career if he moved on, maybe best for Everton, cos we would be forced to try something else.

My concern is Beto, hes not a footballer.
I agreed with everything except the beto part if beto has players like ndiaye around him he'll thrive but he needs opportunities to develop his confidence

I like the way “service” is only setting him up for a tap in that he can’t miss as well. Like he shouldn’t be expected to occasionally score a goal from a half chance, or a snap shot, or a remotely individual effort where he has to set himself up. No, strikers only stand still 6 yards from goal and tap it into an empty net.

Main issue he has and this is reflected in stuff like xg.

He misses easy chances, that drops his xg a lot, other players boost their xg/goal stats by scoring goals they are expected not too, DCL misses easy chances and doesn't score anything from a half chance or distance or well anything really besides ones any striker should do.

He was in the England squad and doing well. If he stays fit, in the right environment, he can be a threat. Not world class, but a reliable CF.

In 12 months, I think Fullkrug will have bombed and West Ham will need a new CF. Isak might leave Newcastle if they don't kick on this season and they'd need a new CF. If Chelsea don't get Osimhen over the line, they might yet come back in for him as a back up to Jackson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Emery consider him for Villa when Jhon Duran eventually leaves. I think those sort of teams are what he was hoping for and they aren't showing enough interest right now.

If they didn't have to pay a fee, I think those teams would take a look at DCL coming in as a rotation option. He might even fancy reinvigorating his career by going abroad like Smalling, Loftus-Cheek and Abraham did. If Oli McBurnie can outshine Mbappe as we saw last night, anything is possible!

He had a few months doing well. 4 years ago.
Michael keane was once in the England squad for a few months.
I cant see any "big" club being interested in him. But we'll see i suppose.

Have they though ? Not seen anything confirming any bids, just some slight interest but his wage demands put them off not the fee

If we keep him we won't get any buttons next year when he leaves on a free
Ive seen the bids for all the clubs I mentioned, its up to you what you believe fam.

The club thinks having the player is worth more than the buttons, thats up to them.

I kinda agree, cos as above, 15m isnt enough to replace him.

But I am really hoping hes some other fanbases problem in the next 12hours.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back