2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Oh.

Well, I like his flair, his balance, his composure in the box. However...

two things:

1/ Can he actually reach the box in most PL games to get a shot off? I'm doubtful he has the pace carrying the ball or that he's robust enough to take a challenge.

2/ Do we get any defeb=nding him from him or is he that luxury player we cant afford?

I have some of the same musings about Lindstrom too, btw.
The boy Lindy looks like a rabbit in headlights sadly.

But its about them finding their way in the team.

I dont wanna turn it around to the Gaffer, but he really is an attacking terrorist.

A. He doesnt score much.
B. Holding the ball up is half the problem with Everton and Dyche. You dont see City Arsenal etc playing hold the ball up the majority of the time. They're on the front foot going forward. A role as a striker calvert lewin cant really do either.

The weird things that our last 4-5 managers have all forgotten how to play football and chosen to go long to DCL - it is killing us an him

What are your reservations?
Oh.

Well, I like his flair, his balance, his composure in the box. However...

two things:

1/ Can he actually reach the box in most PL games to get a shot off? I'm doubtful he has the pace carrying the ball or that he's robust enough to take a challenge.

2/ Do we get any defending from him or is he that luxury player we cant afford?

I have some of the same musings about Lindstrom too, btw.

The boy Lindy looks like a rabbit in headlights sadly.

But its about them finding their way in the team.

I dont wanna turn it around to the Gaffer, but he really is an attacking terrorist.
I'm amazed he has those two players in the squad. I dont think he bought them tbh. It looks like Thelwell's work.

Similar stats is a stretch.

Solanke scored more Premier League goals for Bournemouth last year (19) than Calvert Lewin has managed in all competitions for us across the last 3 seasons combined (15).

Solanke also did it in nearly half as many appearances (38) than Calvert Lewin (75). And people don't even rate Solanke that highly.

So I agree, DCL is definitely overrated aside from that strong spell under Ancelotti. But, on a free, in the right team, he'll definitely believe he can get back to that level and lots of top teams will take a chance on him as a back up centre forward option.

I was being kind and comparing career stats.
We'll see about top clubs. Lets just say i'll be amazed if any do. He hasnt got enough in his locker.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back