2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I mean I enjoy Branners, Tarks, Pickers, Timmy looks a player and has the potential to steal my heart.

The boy Ndiaye needs to pull his socks up to get accepted by me.

But none of them do it for me.

You know, I just want somebody to fill my heart like Arteta did.
Nah that’s fair.

Dom lost all love from me when he got his da to fight his corner

I mean I enjoy Branners, Tarks, Pickers, Timmy looks a player and has the potential to steal my heart.

The boy Ndiaye needs to pull his socks up to get accepted by me.

But none of them do it for me.

You know, I just want somebody to fill my heart like Arteta did.
What's lacking there in your opinion? (I have my own reservations, btw)

Lets see who we get to replace him, if it's anyone? No replacement team weaker to score & hold the ball up ....

A. He doesnt score much.
B. Holding the ball up is half the problem with Everton and Dyche. You dont see City Arsenal etc playing hold the ball up the majority of the time. They're on the front foot going forward. A role as a striker calvert lewin cant really do either.

No, I mean actually and literally pull his socks up.

He wears them around his ankles.

Oh.

Well, I like his flair, his balance, his composure in the box. However...

two things:

1/ Can he actually reach the box in most PL games to get a shot off? I'm doubtful he has the pace carrying the ball or that he's robust enough to take a challenge.

2/ Do we get any defending from him or is he that luxury player we cant afford?

I have some of the same musings about Lindstrom too, btw.

Spurs even decided to spend 65m on a striker the same age with similar stats than calvert lewin at a fraction of fhe cost. Why?

Similar stats is a stretch.

Solanke scored more Premier League goals for Bournemouth last year (19) than Calvert Lewin has managed in all competitions for us across the last 3 seasons combined (15).

Solanke also did it in nearly half as many appearances (38) than Calvert Lewin (75). And people don't even rate Solanke that highly.

So I agree, DCL is definitely overrated aside from that strong spell under Ancelotti. But, on a free, in the right team, he'll definitely believe he can get back to that level and lots of top teams will take a chance on him as a back up centre forward option.

A. He doesnt score much.
B. Holding the ball up is half the problem with Everton and Dyche. You dont see City Arsenal etc playing hold the ball up the majority of the time. They're on the front foot going forward. A role as a striker calvert lewin cant really do either.
Holding the ball up with Dyches HOOF BALL is vital - Beto cant do it in the Prem maybe OK v a DIV 2 side ....

I think he would still be my favourite player at the club. Although I do think he may be finally losing interest this season, I personally wouldn’t agree with anybody that he has not put a good shift in over previous seasons.

My preference would be he stays and does well, and people get behind him. Looking like it’s the end of his time with us though

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back