2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

When he leaves, I hope you treat our next number 9 with the same adoration in this case.
I will not.

Its not blanket support, having Kone as 9 was a crime against football.

But DCL is our number 9 and hes a player I like, possibly the only player I currently really like.

Hopefully he leaves today, but I have no idea who I will throw my support behind next, the whole squad is utter dog muck.

Sure I like the boy Branners, but im trying not to bond with him, so he doesnt break my heart.

I will not.

But DCL is our number 9 and hes a player I like, possibly the only player I currently really like.

Hopefully he leaves today, but I have no idea who I will throw my support behind next, the whole squad is utter dog muck.

Sure I like the boy Branners, but im trying not to bond with him, so he doesnt break my heart.

If our next number 9 is better than DCL Will you accept this and acknowledge it though G?

Here is a video of Harry Kane scoring 50 goals, all but 1 were given to him with service.

Here is a video of Haaland scoring 50 goals, all were given to him with service.

Here is a video of Lukaku scoring a solo goal for Everton, 8 years ago.

Here's beto scoring a solo goal last season.

It is not a rarity for strikers to make their own goals. Calvert lewin just isn't a very good striker.

When he leaves, I hope you treat our next number 9 with the same adoration in this case.
1725015780398.webp

I will not.

That’s the maddest of mad shouts you’ve ever made and you have made some of the biggest and best wham shouts ever on the interweb

Cos he is now considered a gamble. Neither of you can deny what I am saying though - he has had the worst service in history (prem strikers) and the only time he had decent service he got a load of goals. He has spent years fending off two giant cb's while trying to flick pickfords long balls on to no one. And we boo him!

Madness

His best spell was over a few months during covid 4 years ago. It wasnt even a season. He dried up after Xmas.
He's over rated on this forum.
The fact he's available at a knocked down price and nobody seems to want him is as big an indication as anything. Spurs even decided to spend 65m on a striker the same age with similar stats than calvert lewin at a fraction of fhe cost. Why?

He didn’t get a load of goals, he got just under 1 in 2 which is a good record, but happened in a mad purple patch during a time when no real football was being played and we were basically just training on a park. But even during that season he went on a 4 in 20 scoring run, with all that great service from Digne, James, the babysitter etc.

The 4 month purple patch was the career blip, not the 7 years either side of it.
Fair enough, opinions is what it is.
For me, he has had the worst managers and tactics imaginable and just got on with it. I'd love to see him playing for a proper squad

@Gilbert.. also

His best spell was over a few months during covid 4 years ago. It wasnt even a season. He dried up after Xmas.
He's over rated on this forum.
The fact he's available at a knocked down price and nobody seems to want him is as big an indication as anything. Spurs even decided to spend 65m on a striker the same age with similar stats than calvert lewin at a fraction of fhe cost. Why?
Lets see who we get to replace him, if it's anyone? No replacement team weaker to score & hold the ball up ....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back