2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

all that says is he is a 1 in 4 striker but, when you factor in he has had no wingers, attacking full backs or a decent number ten, you realise those arent the worse stats.
He has had, by a country mile, the worst service of any premier league striker.

Fans just dont see it

Why are clubs who can offer put it on a plate for him not kicking Evertons door down for him then?

Why are clubs who can offer put it on a plate for him not kicking Evertons door down for him then?

I like the way “service” is only setting him up for a tap in that he can’t miss as well. Like he shouldn’t be expected to occasionally score a goal from a half chance, or a snap shot, or a remotely individual effort where he has to set himself up. No, strikers only stand still 6 yards from goal and tap it into an empty net.

I like the way “service” is only setting him up for a tap in that he can’t miss as well. Like he shouldn’t be expected to occasionally score a goal from a half chance, or a snap shot, or a remotely individual effort where he has to set himself up. No, strikers only stand still 6 yards from goal and tap it into an empty net.

Here is a video of Harry Kane scoring 50 goals, all but 1 were given to him with service.

Here is a video of Haaland scoring 50 goals, all were given to him with service.

Here is a video of Lukaku scoring a solo goal for Everton, 8 years ago.

Cos he is now considered a gamble. Neither of you can deny what I am saying though - he has had the worst service in history (prem strikers) and the only time he had decent service he got a load of goals. He has spent years fending off two giant cb's while trying to flick pickfords long balls on to no one. And we boo him!

Madness

Cos he is now considered a gamble. Neither of you can deny what I am saying though - he has had the worst service in history (prem strikers) and the only time he had decent service he got a load of goals. He has spent years fending off two giant cb's while trying to flick pickfords long balls on to no one. And we boo him!

Madness

He didn’t get a load of goals, he got just under 1 in 2 which is a good record, but happened in a mad purple patch during a time when no real football was being played and we were basically just training on a park. But even during that season he went on a 4 in 20 scoring run, with all that great service from Digne, James, the babysitter etc.

The 4 month purple patch was the career blip, not the 7 years either side of it.

Here is a video of Harry Kane scoring 50 goals, all but 1 were given to him with service.

Here is a video of Haaland scoring 50 goals, all were given to him with service.

Here is a video of Lukaku scoring a solo goal for Everton, 8 years ago.

Good to watch the Kane and Haaland videos showing the great finishers they are Problem with DCL is that I would trust him to slot maybe 1 out 5 chances that would get handed to him with service like that, providing he would stay fit long enough to be on the end of them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back