2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Bit of a weird one. He cost £1.5m, looked a good prospect who was developing well, started banging in goals, then tailed off via injuries, loss of form and the realisation his goal streak was the exception rather than the norm.

The time we could realistically get a good price for him was the end of Ancelotti's second season. Been downhill all the way since.

Chuck in the lack of love for him amongst many, who actively want him sold whilst simultaneously saying he's worth about 50p, I find this thread a fascinating mix of contradictions.

Who knows, maybe this will play well for us - it might give him that kick to play out of his skin to secure his next deal elsewhere, be it a sale in Jan or signing a pre-contract in Jan.

Or maybe he'll get injured again and end up in the Greek/Turkish league at the end of season

Either way, this thread will remain fascinating. Truly fascinating.

He`d do well in the SPL, either Rangers or Celtic.

Although Rangers would be much more fun, as it would boil the head of you know who.

Hope he’s dropped today
Just for his sheer disinterest in the previous game’s thinking he was off
See I do agree he was disinterested and thought he was off- but receiving no interest at all towards the deadline is the biggest boot up the arse going and I’m interested to see how he responds on the pitch.

If he wants the move he thought he was entitled to he needs to up his game on the pitch. So if he gets complacent or disinterested it’s his own future he’s setting fire to.

Deadly

Because he's the only 1 in the 11 that doesn't wanna be here and refusing tk sign a contract which is fine on its own, but not when followed up with half arsed games
That's your opinion mate, which is fine. Mine is that the whole team has been poor so far this season. Don't see any particular evidence that DCL was the only one not trying.

That's your opinion mate, which is fine. Mine is that the whole team has been poor so far this season. Don't see any particular evidence that DCL was the only one not trying.
For some context, Mr Gang is Dom's premier hater. It's a fine accolade and he's beat off stiff competition for the award.

I noticed that @GrandOldTeam has launched a line of t-shirts in his honour (available from the forum shop alongside many fine jigsaws).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back