2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Bit of a weird one. He cost £1.5m, looked a good prospect who was developing well, started banging in goals, then tailed off via injuries, loss of form and the realisation his goal streak was the exception rather than the norm.

The time we could realistically get a good price for him was the end of Ancelotti's second season. Been downhill all the way since.

Chuck in the lack of love for him amongst many, who actively want him sold whilst simultaneously saying he's worth about 50p, I find this thread a fascinating mix of contradictions.

Who knows, maybe this will play well for us - it might give him that kick to play out of his skin to secure his next deal elsewhere, be it a sale in Jan or signing a pre-contract in Jan.

Or maybe he'll get injured again and end up in the Greek/Turkish league at the end of season

Either way, this thread will remain fascinating. Truly fascinating.

All bow down to Jackoefc27, he has the solid information you all crave.
No fact checking needed with this ITK, a man so obviously knowledgeable and in the loop he makes fundamental spelling and grammar mistakes, incites hatred against a young man he’s never met but yet somehow also has a friend who is in cahoots and has the ear of a multi million pound boardroom in the North East.

Jackoefc27, we salute you.
It wasn’t exactly anything the rumour mill had already spouted anyway. I was expecting a sensational rumour, like he’d had a threesome with wives of the NCFC board or something. That guy needs to up his rumour quality. A Disappointed 2 out of 5.

Bit of a weird one. He cost £1.5m, looked a good prospect who was developing well, started banging in goals, then tailed off via injuries, loss of form and the realisation his goal streak was the exception rather than the norm.

The time we could realistically get a good price for him was the end of Ancelotti's second season. Been downhill all the way since.

Chuck in the lack of love for him amongst many, who actively want him sold whilst simultaneously saying he's worth about 50p, I find this thread a fascinating mix of contradictions.

Who knows, maybe this will play well for us - it might give him that kick to play out of his skin to secure his next deal elsewhere, be it a sale in Jan or signing a pre-contract in Jan.

Or maybe he'll get injured again and end up in the Greek/Turkish league at the end of season

In summary football fans doing stupid football fan things

It wasn’t exactly anything the rumour mill had already spouted anyway. I was expecting a sensational rumour, like he’d had a threesome with wives of the NCFC board or something. That guy needs to up his rumour quality. A Disappointed 2 out of 5.
Unfortunately I think that’s the best his little brain can come up with 🥲 Didn’t even suggest Dominic had filler injections in his cheek to feign injury…

I just want a good season out of him now and he can go for free. It’s about us making progress this Eason and he will have to play his part in that. He can be greedy as he wants. It’s not the club’s fault he allegedly asked for too much from NUFC, but it is our fault if we still declined a swap deal for £12m with Fofana.

Yep it was £160k, we offered £130k - over three years.

Yep it was £160k, we offered £130k - over three years.
He should have snatched our hands off at £130k I hope we have withdrawn the offer.
He is totally deluded if he thinks anyone will offer him more than that unless he joins an Arab club which would be the best outcome all round if it is before Monday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back